what size are the front and back door speakers in a 94 jeep grand cherokee limited??

5.25s or 6.5 fronts and rears. Some 6.5s won't fit in the front because their baskets are too big. You will need adapters for both front and rear. They can be had on Crutchfield and elsewhere for a rather low price. If you're handy with a dremmel, you can get any 6.75 to fit up front for the most part by trimming the adapter you have to purchase to install any aftermarket speaker. Some may be too deep and could possibly hit the window track. I've never messed with rears in my Jeep. I left them as stock and disconnected the Infinity Gold amp. I don't see the need to ever replace or run rear speakers.

I guess you could if you want to. I'm more than happy with my upgrade. With the stock speakers in my Jeep, the cone separated from the surround. I'm assuming this was due to abuse as well as age. Your Jeep is 3 years older than mine, so keep that in mind. The hardest part for me was getting the new speaker wire into the front doors. The front doors use a Molex connector for all the wiring. You cannot push wires through. I ended up cutting the factory speaker wire and tapping into it with my new wire to get into the doors. The rear doors do not use Molex so you can push wiring into the doors. There is no way to cut the wiring at the factory amp and connect there. You will have to run wiring for everything. The tweeters are actually pretty easy to deal with. Check out my build log in my sig to see what I did with my Jeep as far as that goes. The factory mounts will work for most tweeters out there.

you were new too once. no need to act like an asshat off the bat.
there is always an easier way to do things
lol of course we all were. i just posted the link to a place where he could find the answer.

AND THEN after i helped him out he felt the need to call me a douche

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.