blow through

taintedplay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
i am getting a 05 f150, and want to do a blowthrough. i was thinking instead of a big square taking half the bed, of doing like a box the entire size of the bed, but not tall. so the top of the box will be the new bottom of the bed. so you stack stuff ontop of the box. ideas/thoughts? i want to do like 4 12s or 4 15s probabbly

its still going to be over 15" high. which is like half the height of the current bed. anything u stick in there going to block all ur view. but i guess if u dont really use the bed for anything dont really matter

Don't really see how you are going to have any room on top of a box in the bed of a truck with 15''s. Have you measured the depth of the bed? My 4th order 4-15" blow-through takes up 2/3 of the bed and is almost flush with the sides of the bed. I may have ~3" on top because of the slight rise of the bedcover. Maybe do 8 10"s, that would keep the box shorter?

its still going to be over 15" high. which is like half the height of the current bed. anything u stick in there going to block all ur view. but i guess if u dont really use the bed for anything dont really matter
Never seen a 30" deep bed on an F150.........................they are a lot shallower than you think. And the box is below the rear view window, a blocked view is not a concern. I think he is just trying to keep some use of his bed.

maby make the board that mounts the subs to at an angle ? - but you have to then make a removable piece on top so you can have an axess hatch to get to the subs to install / wire / or un install them if one blows up.

i just measured the depth of the bed in my 90 chevy and ive got 19" exactly - anything taller than that will be sticking out above the bed sides.

i am getting a 05 f150, and want to do a blowthrough. i was thinking instead of a big square taking half the bed, of doing like a box the entire size of the bed, but not tall. so the top of the box will be the new bottom of the bed. so you stack stuff ontop of the box. ideas/thoughts? i want to do like 4 12s or 4 15s probabbly
Depending on how you lay it out, I think the top of th box is going to be near the top of the bed... That is unless you leaned the subs back at a crazy angle... However with the size of the baskets and magnets these days, you going to be limited there....

Even with that said, I think you could still pull off a seriously bad *** enclosure with 4 Subs.... It'll just take up a tad more space than your willing to give up...

Make it happen, Post pics!!! One of my friends just put two 10"s under the back seats of his Full Size Dodge 4door Truck and while it sounds nice SQ wise, we are really disappointed with the lack of Thundering Bass... (about what I expected really) Anyway, he is considering doing a Blowthrough woth 4 12" Alpine type Rs from another system...

i dont use my bed often, and if i do its not much. so if i had one day of my view blocked it wouldent bother my really, becuase its just on occasions. here in college drive in movies are big, so i want to have it so i can sit on it and stuff. well the bed is (according to the web, dont have the truck yet) -

Cargo area dimensions: length (inches): 78.8, front width (inches): 65.2, width between arches (inches): 50, height (inches): 22.3 and loading floor height (inches): 31.6

would it be possible in some type of enclosure to have like the part with the subs raised up, but after that it slopes down to shallower height? considering i have plenty of volume if the box is the whole length and width

plus with the blow through you will have to water proof your box. i have an 2001 f150 and just got rid of my blow through because of to many problems and closed the hole off.

How does a blow-through block your view when it is in the lower part of the cab? Please explain this to me cause i have never had a need to look through the lower part of my cab UNDER the rear window.

plus with the blow through you will have to water proof your box. i have an 2001 f150 and just got rid of my blow through because of to many problems and closed the hole off.
Tonneau cover and a properly installed boot seem to work well for every one i have every installed.

i dont use my bed often, and if i do its not much. so if i had one day of my view blocked it wouldent bother my really, becuase its just on occasions. here in college drive in movies are big, so i want to have it so i can sit on it and stuff. well the bed is (according to the web, dont have the truck yet) - Cargo area dimensions: length (inches): 78.8, front width (inches): 65.2, width between arches (inches): 50, height (inches): 22.3 and loading floor height (inches): 31.6

would it be possible in some type of enclosure to have like the part with the subs raised up, but after that it slopes down to shallower height? considering i have plenty of volume if the box is the whole length and width
Do SMALLER subs, just do more of them. Height problem solved. It's not rocket science.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.