DC Level 3 handling?

old_greg
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have two DC level 3 12s

Rated at 600rms but was wondering if anyone has ran them daily at 1100rms?

i hate the AQ 2200 and was thinking about wiring them down to .5ohm and after impedance rise they would sit at around .9-1.0 ohm

Just wondering if anyone has ever done this or knows what these can handle truely.

so you suggest not running an HDC3 over its rated? That sub can handle way over rated

rated barely gets it moving.

why would you run a 600 watt sub on 1100 each? Want louder, then go with bigger subs and power handling.
And i would do it to see if it can handle it. Just to test the sub out and push its limits.

Im not trying to blow it

Just going to see how it preforms at 1100rms

so you suggest not running an HDC3 over its rated? That sub can handle way over ratedrated barely gets it moving.

And i would do it to see if it can handle it. Just to test the sub out and push its limits.

Im not trying to blow it

Just going to see how it preforms at 1100rms
Any sub running over its rated is shortening its lifespan. A Level 3 is different from an hdc3, try comparing sdc2.5's instead.

I had two of the sdc2.5's, ran em on 1000 each, they gave out 2 weeks later.

I had two of the sdc2.5's, ran em on 1000 each, they gave out 2 weeks later.
Clipped signal maybe ?.... SDC's will perform quite well with 1k. Need a VERY clean signal but they will handle it given the box is designed properly and amp settings are set well. Have done 3 setups with sdc's and all were seeing 900-1000rms.

You must have ran them like a retard. I guarantee i can run my level 3's on 1100rms daily i just have to set gains accordingly.

I know a lvl 3 is not compairable to an HDC3 but a HDC3 is a known sub for being way under rated for it true potential. Its not uncommon for a sub or amp to be under rated

Clipped signal maybe ?.... SDC's will perform quite well with 1k. Need a VERY clean signal but they will handle it given the box is designed properly and amp settings are set well. Have done 3 setups with sdc's and all were seeing 900-1000rms.
clipped signal my ***, the spiders wore out.

Spider ran out in 2 weeks? Im going to assume your enclosure was not ideal for these. There is no way the spider would give out if you gave them clean power and set the gain correctly. SDC's are built pretty tough. they can take some abuse. you must have really beat the **** out of them in two weeks. They were probably not broken in either. They take a couple months to be broken in. Thats what is recommended by DJ 2-3 months break in period.

lol @ worn out... Learn to break em in properly there buddy.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif not your buddy, so don't call me that ever, and break in is bullsh1tty myth. A few days loosened those subs up.

Spider ran out in 2 weeks? Im going to assume your enclosure was not ideal for these. There is no way the spider would give out if you gave them clean power and set the gain correctly. SDC's are built pretty tough. they can take some abuse. you must have really beat the **** out of them in two weeks. They were probably not broken in either. They take a couple months to be broken in. Thats what is recommended by DJ 2-3 months break in period.
In 34-36 tuning? Those spiders wore out. AQ has this problem. You can't assume sh1t since your asking if you should be running 1100 watts each to your stock level 3's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.