Mb Quart ONX1.1500D do rated?

its their new line. imo if what everyone says about the discus is true, this should perform just as well. the discuss series is the entry level, the onyx line is the next step up.

Discus = Onyx
ONX is a newer form of dsc i know... BUT they claim to do 250 watts more at 4 and 2 ohms... my question is, will it really do the 1k watts at 2 ohms? i know if its anything like dsc it will do the 1.5k watts at 1 ohm, but if all that is different is the paint job then why the 250 watt jump at higher ohms? I know that it was underrated but if they are going to bump up the 4 and 2 ohm watts to meet what discus actually did but with a new name and paint job, then why not bump up the watts at 1 ohm to what it actually does.....

In short is the ONX like the discus? Does it do rated +? At 4,2,1 ohms or is it the discus with a new paintjob that is just rated at what it actually does and not underrated?

same amp, newer model from what I have read
so then the discus will provide the same amount of power at all levels and is just underrated? and the onx is just rated right? I wonder if they fixed the problem where EVERYONE was getting bad discus amps. I heard it was just a bad batch but I have only heard of like 2/10 people that got a good one they didnt have to send back... Thats a big bad batch.

u seem certain the discus did more power than it was rated at. it was rated for 750rms@2ohms, so it should be pretty close to 1000 rms. discus or onyx...

If an amp works like it should people don't come on boards talking about it, but if its fucked 9/10 never stop complaining. Add me to your list of people with a working discuss

if an amp works like it should people dont come on boards talking about it, but if its fucked they never stop complaining. add me to your list of people with a working discuss
I have TWO working ones, and I like them better than my Audioque 1200D in every way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

u seem certain the discus did more power than it was rated at. it was rated for 750rms@2ohms, so it should be pretty close to 1000 rms. discus or onyx...
this doesnt help... i am trying to decide whether or not to spend the extra money... if the onyx is good for more than looks i will get it and upgrade subs later... if not ill get the discus since it will push the 1k watts.... and yeah i was told by some people that the discus line was benched and do about 200-300 watts more than rated...

I have TWO working ones, and I like them better than my Audioque 1200D in every way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
cuz them audioque amps aint ***** foreal but a forum boner

I think the 2200 benched at 1700-1800rms

But if the onyx will also do 200-300 more than rated (1200-1300 @ 2 ohms instead of 1000, where the dsc was 1000-1050 more @ 2 ohms instead of 750) i want it... more head room for 70 bucks ill take it... plus its newer... i just cant justify the extra money just for cosmetics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.