Nightshade v2. VS DC Level 5

ya I figured that they would both be ok with 2.5 daily, will be applying more just not sure how much yet.

my question was and is, which sub can take more power?

sundown doesn't have any info on their site about the new v.2's.....

ya I figured that they would both be ok with 2.5 daily, will be applying more just not sure how much yet.
my question was and is, which sub can take more power?

sundown doesn't have any info on their site about the new v.2's.....
Does wattage in = Deebeez out?

Who says physics class is hard?

I'm not sure on the coil stats of the LVL-5 so hard to make an educated guess... I do see people running lots of juice on them, though.

The NS v.2 uses a 71mm long 8-layer flat aluminum coil standard -- it does sacrifice a bit of absolute thermal handling for a Stainless Steel former. These formers are a bit more efficient in all of our testing, though, and end up requiring less power to reach a given dB level. I have heard from customers from 0.4 to 0.7 dB difference. But, again, absolute thermal handling goes down as aluminum is a much better heat sink material -- we chose the more efficient material, though.

They are rated for 2000-watts RMS power handling.

The LVL-5 does feature a larger motor and presumably more motor force factor as a result of that -- of course that isn't related to power handling per this topic.

Either driver is, IMO, quite capable.

what sub do you think could take more power, this is for an SPL build.

going to throw 2.5 k @ a 15" sub.

your thoughts?

bro why you asking which takes more power if thats all you got on tap........... id get the nightshade but i'd recomend you some nice kicker comps because i doubt you know what you're doing.

I'd prefer my sub to do a 150 w/1k actually... but if I had to choose between 4k and 6k I think I'd say 6k just so I could run around saying I got 6k if it took me 4k to get to 150 what the hell is the extra 2k LMFAO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.