Help with headlights when the bass hits

On some songs my headlights dash lights disappear when the bass hits i am running a big system 1600 watts and my little camry cant handle all the power how do i fix this i was told caps **** and ruin alternators. I have heard high output alternator and or battery. but i kinda wanna just hook up a second battery i have a perfect spot under my hood for an additional battery right next to the alternator what should i do to stop the headlights from flashing!!!!

i am running 2 10" type rs and a hifonics hifi 1600 watt amp

i donno how many times this gets answered a day. #1- big 3 #2- 2nd batt. yours just drains it fast but then fills the batt back up so i don't think you need a new alt. but if you ever need to get a new alt, get a bigger one.

You dont need a high out alt, you need a second batt that is worth a shit. Wal-Mart has some cant think of the name right off the top of my head, but they are close to 100ah each, and are under $75. Guarantee it will take care of the problem.... They are wet cell's so make sure it is under your hood, you put one inside your ride, and you will probably get sick...

How large is your stock alt? 1600 watts is well over a 100 amps of draw at 12 volts. Yes, that's peak, but even the average draw over time will still be significant. If the discrepancy between draw and supply is great enough, adding a second batt will merely prolong the problem.

But all this being said, your personal listening habits also factor in to average current draw, how often the stereo is left on while driving to allow the batts to recharge, even by how far the owner's average drive time is. So if you learn nothing else form my post, its that answering the question of if you need an alt or not is very complicated, and virtually impossible for us to answer unless the discrepancy makes the answer obvious.

Adding the second batt, if you decide to do so, would be best placed in the rear, near the amplifier(s). Voltage drop will decrease due to those peak power demands from the amplifier drawing mainly on the close batt, providing less line-loss due to less wire between the power draw and a power source.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.