I hate....

stangman67
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Seattle
Local shops who think they know everything about car audio yet have not heard of sundown, dc, dd etc.

I went in to the local stereo place which actually has a very nice selection. just looking for some 1/0 ring terminals and maybe some battery terminals. The guy asked me what I was planning on doing and how many runs of 1/0. i said 2 and he told me I wouldn't need it because my amps won't even come close to doing rated power. And I quote "My tb-1000d is more powerful than both of your amps combined and I only run a single 1/0 run". I politely disagreed with the idiot but he kept on insisting I would be only need with a single 4 gauge run.

At that point I was irritated enough, told him it doesn't matter what I am running. I bought the terminals and left. Just gets frustrating when people think they are god and know everything.

For reference I will be eventually running 2 ap18001's strapped and 4 sa-8's (when money permits lol) . I think 2 runs of 1/0 is a good idea.

1 60ah diehard platinum up front and probably a single 100ah deka in the back.

Geoff- yea I'm going to go in there after I buy and install the second ap and the other 2 sa's and say fu.

i used to work in friends shop but he does have that know it attitude

if i was running 2 x ap 1800 and it looks like you are using that jvc mid and high

i would run 2 1/0 power runs from front to back and 2 1/0 ground runs from front to back

and 1 4awg power and 1 4awg ground from front to back

that guy at the shop your talking about would see that and be like WTF

oh my god i'm so glad im not the only one...i called every shop within 50 miles of me looking for someone that just did simple lead soldering when the leads on my dc broke and when i asked the answer was always the same "you want what done??" like I was idiot. so i usually just laughed and hung up the phone. a couple weeks ago my buddy and i were looking to see what kind of numbers we were doing and asked the local shop if they could meter us with a term lab and again the same response "huh?" its pisses me off that they have my dream job and dont know anything about anything.

oh my god i'm so glad im not the only one...i called every shop within 50 miles of me looking for someone that just did simple lead soldering when the leads on my dc broke and when i asked the answer was always the same "you want what done??" like I was the idiot. so i usually just laughed and hung up the phone. a couple weeks ago my buddy and i were looking to see what kind of numbers we were doing and asked the local shop if they could meter us with a term lab and again the same response "huh?" its pisses me off that they have my dream job and dont know anything about anything.

You are too good Alex. Their reputation follows them apparently. The guy was incredibly ignorant

And Sbcaprice. I am using knu cca, its rated at 250. I figure I might as well do it while I have the drill out and the interior of the car out. It will leave room for future upgrades as well. Either way, a single run of 4 gauge is NOT nearly sufficient

You are too good Alex. Their reputation follows them apparently. The guy was incredibly ignorant
And Sbcaprice. I am using knu cca, its rated at 250. I figure I might as well do it while I have the drill out and the interior of the car out. It will leave room for future upgrades as well. Either way, a single run of 4 gauge is NOT nearly sufficient
I had the wonderful experience of being told that the RE MX uses a 3" coil. Oh and did you know that their is no such thing as a split coil, despite them selling a XXX..? Oh and that 2 10"s on 1500 watts (peak) is the loudest system in Seattle?

I go in there all the time just to pick arguments haha.

lulz. I would have figured they would at least be somewhat knowledgeable considering some of the stuff they sell. When I was there today I noticed they no longer have any xxx's or mx's. At the lincoln city comp there was a guy who had a system done there, not the worst thing in the world. 2 mx 12's on 2 alpine monos. He paid 750 for the box though. What a ripoff.

They also told me I was crazy for running 3k to 4 8's for burps. Guess they don't get out much.

I was told that dynomat doesn't help rattling, just backwaves and that it'd have better use behind a subwoofer, than in a door panel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stangman67

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
stangman67
Seattle
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date