Sign in to follow this  
Stripes

Alpine CDA - 105 Getting it to read 100+ songs

About 4 months ago I purchased an Alpine CDA-105 Head Unit (I love it) Only one thing; I have an 8 gb jump drive I'm using for music, and the unit will ONLY read all of my songs if I have them in folders, with less than 100 per folder. I understand for the average person that is nice, but I would like to expand the functions of this unit as they are meant to be. Like when I go to seek an artist, I can only seek that folder. I have about 830 songs, so I would in essence have to search 8.3 folders. I have alphabetized all the songs in all of the folders, but this is still a pain...and when I get a new song, from that artist, that may be in a folder with already 100 songs, then I can't add it to that, without making space...etc. So basically, what should I do here so that I can make the unit read all of my songs, in a folder, that is more than just 100? Also - Somewhat relevant, the randomize all selection on the unit will randomize all of my songs in all folders, but it appears to play one song 3 times before I ever hear another. I suppose a TRUE randomization would cause this, where you can pick the same one more than once, but is there a way to make it play every song one time before playing another twice...?

Thanks in advance

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fireplace369
      Hi. I'm trying to decide between the Alpine Type X or Type R 6.5" component system for my car. I will also be getting the same model (whatever I choose) for just 6.5" co-axials for my rear deck as well. All 4 of the speakers will be powered off Alpine's new Type X 4 channel amp (the X-A70F).
      Do the type X really sound that much better and are worth $200 more a pair than the type R's?
      Thank you.
    • By mrpep
      I have a Yukon 2003 that has 3 rows so space is tight between the 3rd row and the hatch rear door. I have no big three upgrade.  I am using 4 Gage OFC from the battery to the fuse and CCA Gage from that point to a secondary battery that runs in parallel, the cca to amp. I run short grounds of CCA 4Gage from the battery to a threaded seat post that has had the zinc cleaned off so it is all metal to metal contact. I use a Alpine mrx1000 so 1000 rms monoblock to power a W6V3 and I have just bought a used W7 10" in a ported box. My concern is that I am not getting enough power but the the W7, it is rated at 750 rms. Should this system do for what I need? I have heard of Head units clipping , how do I know if mine is ? Am I getting enough power to the sub? I did hear some clipping when I was trying to tune my amp/ gain so I feel enough power did make it to sub but want to get your thoughts on this. Im just tryint to make sure that I am not bottlenecking or losing power. 
    • By Tone415
      Title says it.. Comes with remote, trim ring, harness, sirus adapter, and ipod cord.

9/10 condition
      10/10 function

Of course cash on your end.

Will sell for $125 shipped
    • By jwoods330
      I have an alpine 1000 watt mono and powers up but won't push subs any ideas what or where I can go around akron\canton