Pics of new box build

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
First off, let me say that I need to stop making boxes with jigsaws, that **** is annoying. Secondly, I tried to add something a little different to the box with the Treo logo. I figure why the hell not, Im running a Treo sub and Treo amp...Now to the box. It is for a Treo TSX 12.44. It is 1.63.cu ft net and tuned at 34hz. All the joints were done in titebond and drywall screws. I sealed all the joints on the outside with Liquid Nails. I added some bracing, which were little MDF strips with a healthy lather of TiteBond...Now, let it be stated that I am a amatuer when it comes to box building, and this box is only a temporary box. In a month I will make a box for 2 TSXs and upgrade my ampView attachment 26520551View attachment 26520550View attachment 26520548View attachment 26520552View attachment 26520549View attachment 26520551View attachment 26520550

You can see some overhangs on some of the panels...I hate jigsaws

The port looks like it might be a little small. How many in^2 is it?
I dont know what that means....LOL...Its 13.5inches tall and 1 5/8in wide...I used the RE box calculater and it came out to 34hz

might get some port noise
I have heard before that narrow ports have the potential for port noise...If it does, it wont matter to much as I am rebuilding in a month or so anyway. This is just a temp box

I have it, but had trouble figuring out how to use it. And they dont have Treo in their driver list
You can add drivers. When you open up a new project, click the new button next to where it says driver name and you can enter the t/s parameters.

lol get a cheap circular saw or table saw. You will be so thankful
I know. Jigsaws have their place in a wood shop; and it certainly isnt for doing precise cuts. My dad used to have everything, but financial times got tough and he sold off most of his stuff. I used to use his stuff...But when I have some spare cash, I wouldnt mind getting a table saw.

You can add drivers. When you open up a new project, click the new button next to where it says driver name and you can enter the t/s parameters.
I'll check this out

use this first then build to the port. other people will tell you different but itll get you there.
I'll check this out on the next build

So after letting the bonds cure for the recomended 24hrs, I just give the box a whirl. Surprisngly, no port noise at all on any song I tested. I am happy about that. The box also seems to play a wide range of notes and seems particulary powerful in the high 30s. The sq isnt quite as good as the box I made for my SSi 15, but that might simply be because the SSi is a better driver then the TSX. Overall, I am very satisfied as it seems to have a combination of output and sq

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.