how do your volts go up

well i didnt really want to make it have a certain voltage although i am very curious as to how many volts my system is running on i might get a metter

i was asking because right now i have 2 batteries (12 volt)and i was wondering if i add another batter will the volts go up

and my alt is a 200amp what do you guys think my system is runnin at right now

i might buy this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390174842320&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=0702a25812b0a47a09755325fff86eff&rvr_id=138738125189&ua=%3F*F%3F&itemid=390174842320

but if you put it in ur cigarete light it displays the volts threw your system ? i thought it would have to be in your power wire or somthing

More than likely with the vehicle running....14.4 ish, and turned off....12.6ish. Adding another batt will just give you more reserve, hence less voltage drop or flux.

well i didnt really want to make it have a certain voltage although i am very curious as to how many volts my system is running on i might get a metter
i was asking because right now i have 2 batteries (12 volt)and i was wondering if i add another batter will the volts go up

and my alt is a 200amp what do you guys think my system is runnin at right now

i might buy this

RED DIGITAL LED 12V CAR AUDIO VOLTMETER VOLTAGE GAUGE: eBay Motors (item 390174842320 end time Sep-21-10 11:25:17 PDT)

but if you put it in ur cigarete light it displays the volts threw your system ? i thought it would have to be in your power wire or somthing
Don't buy that. If you want to monitor the voltage of your system, your going to want to monitor what the voltage is AT YOUR AMPLIFIERS, because that's where it matters most. Adding batteries in parallel does not raise voltage. 12V batteries are charged by alternators running usually in the range of 14-14.5V. Like the others said, adding batteries will help your voltage stay above the batteries resting voltage.

If you wanted to run a higher voltage system (16 or 18V) then you would need a different alternator with an external regulator so you would basically have two separate electrical systems in your car. The standard 12V (14V charging) to feed the car's electronics, then your higher 16/18V system and batteries to feed your car audio system. It sounds to me as if you have no idea how any of this works so I would suggest if you want to run a higher voltage system you do a lot of reading first.

Don't buy that. If you want to monitor the voltage of your system, your going to want to monitor what the voltage is AT YOUR AMPLIFIERS, because that's where it matters most. Adding batteries in parallel does not raise voltage. 12V batteries are charged by alternators running usually in the range of 14-14.5V. Like the others said, adding batteries will help your voltage stay above the batteries resting voltage.
If you wanted to run a higher voltage system (16 or 18V) then you would need a different alternator with an external regulator so you would basically have two separate electrical systems in your car. The standard 12V (14V charging) to feed the car's electronics, then your higher 16/18V system and batteries to feed your car audio system. It sounds to me as if you have no idea how any of this works so I would suggest if you want to run a higher voltage system you do a lot of reading first.
I don't think he should be doing that.....

cool

get one of this rite here do

http://blog.rotundu.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/digital-multimeter-06.jpg

it is by far the single most important car audio tool you will ever own. its about 20$ at your local walmart

in the car section rite near the headlights and fuses n ****

it can tell you lotts of stuff about what goin on with systems.

it will measure voltage of the car - with the engine running - or not

it can tell you the ohm load you are wired up to the speakers / amp with

it can test individual voice coils for ohm impidnce

it can be used to set your gain on the amp along with some mathmatics formulas that r around here somewhere

all kinds of **** man

go buy that mulit meter

Either way higher volltage doenst mean more sound....most amps now have regulated power supplies so anything over 14v won't help unless your running a custom amp or old school stuff.

Basically your batterys a capacitor(energy storage device) if you wire them in series you double your voltage...in parallele you double your capacadence(spelling..sry its late)...your ability to use energy when needed

Just aboout all major name brand amps do ecrack. Fosgate,kicker,mtx,you name a main market line and they all have it smarty pants. Sundoown and some of the spl guys I'm not sure of 100% I donnt sell to that market. But the big companies want constant results so the amps pproduce the same @ 12.6 or 14.4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.