pls help

Participant count
  • Participant list

imanerd2
10+ year member

hello....i have 2 12' Kenwood's (KFC Model),and a 1000 watt amp (Autotek AT1000model) i have a sony head unit and i think everything is wired right. My problem is that i think it should be ALOT!! louder then it is. I dont have the subs in an actual box they are sitting where my T-Tops should be in a piece of plywood, as you will see in my pics. Im not sure what the problem is, could it be that the subs and amp i have are crap?? any suggestions or ideas would help greatly. Thx Kessler View attachment 26520411View attachment 26520412View attachment 26520413View attachment 26520414

it could b anything, your amp gain is not right. your wired your subs so they will see only a few hundered watts or less. your geting bad voltage drop, you deck is set wrong alot of people over look that. your box or what ever that is might b a issue lol.

well what is common? like my subs are working but they aren't loud at all, my one friend has 2 12' with a 500 watt amp and his bump about 20 times louder than mine.

Let me see if I'm understanding this.

You essentially have the subs mounted to a plywood baffle that's "sitting" where your t-tops are supposed to go?

Build a fukin' box, dude...

ok, lol....that is what i assumed....will the box make a big difference?? also does anyone know what the common dimensions are for 12'?

u can do them sealed or ported. just read up befor u do anything. u looking to get loud??? if so sell off what u have and start over. i did it i found some one at work a few years back to by my pioneer subs in a prefab box/ cheapo pioneer deck/kenwood amp for 300. u could do one 15 tune low off of 1000rms and i bet u would luv it lol.

u can do the audiopipe 1500d, and get mayb a used fi bl 12inch or 15inch tune low . or if u wana go with a loud set up u can do a audique 2.5 15inch tune to like 35hz. or u can do 2 sundown 8inch subs. ther is so much u can do just stay away from what u think is right. sony/kenwood/pioneer subs are not good. sony decks **** kenwood decks are ok, i love pioneer decks. kicker is way over rated . you can do 2 type r's ported at lets say 34Hz that would b nice off 1000watts.

u need to look at your car or truck. how big is your alt how much power do u wana run. u can do the big 3 wire up grade. do a search on here and u will get a idea. if u need more help just pm . here is some good stuff for you

knu makes good cheap wire

sundown- subs and amps everyone luvs there stuff

audioque - amps and subs are great

dc- bad ass subs

the list can go on and on just hang around here for 2 weeks for at least 1 hour a day and read and read. dont live and die by what u see on youtube but type in some subs u will read about. start with fi ssd ,fi bl fi btl,sundown night shade etc etc. just to get an idea.

k, so the amp i have is alright? because it was only 100 dollars
start over. set what u wana spend and add another 300-500 . trust me u wana go with 1/0 ga wire or at least 4 ga. knu makes great stuff u can get a whole wire kit for like 40 bucks for 4 ga. 1/0 is like 70 or toyour house give or take a few bucks. no power caps LET ME SAY IT AGAIN NO POWR CAPS. its based on your car if you have a small alt u cant run 3000 watts on your stock alt. u need to look in to your electrical. it starts with power wire/ground. big 3 battery under your hood then a battery in the rear. then if that does not help u go with a ho alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.