Amp keeps blowing fuses?

Participant count
  • Participants list

drtjmpr909
10+ year member

Nothing beats a tight box
Pa
I am running a Kicker KX350.4. Each channel is running at 4ohm stereo, so it is well with-in its operating ranges. I am currently running 2 ga from the battery to a dist block. There is a 150a inline at the battery, and a 30a at the dist block. I took out the class d so all I have running is the Kicker. It keeps blowing both internal 20a fuses, but neither of the inline fuses are blowing. Is this an issue with the amp, or with the wiring?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I was assuming that maybe it was an undersized fuse in the amp or too small of an ANL fuse. My bad. I apologize OP.
it comes tomorrow and i cant wait. Thanks for spotting that amp and recommending it!
Matt is a Great guy to purchase from. Very honest about his gear he decides to Sale. Dammned good buy. I dont think you could touch a Taramps...
Using a Y RCA to split signal from amp to amp to give both amps the signal they need from the HU and subs in different /separate enclosures tuned...
Hahaha his brother got some from a friend. American bass amp and some alpine s 12in subs. From a buddy of his now Eastons chomping at the bit...

About this thread

drtjmpr909

10+ year member
Nothing beats a tight box
drtjmpr909
Pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date