Have a few questions on designing my first box

Participant count
  • Participants list
So im buying 3 12inch subs and this is my first time buying them that arnt already in a box and having to build my own. After reading the sealed vs ported thread im deciding to go with a sealed design.

The subs are Boss P126DVC http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23654_Boss+P126DVC.html

It says that they require a min and max of 0.8 cubic feet Box Volume... so how do I figure that if I decide to put all 3 in one box together? Or is that a bad idea and I should build them 3 separate boxes?

What is a good program to use to design my box because all the ones I have tryed ****.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
x2, Boss = junk. If you already have them and insist on running sealed, just build a single 2.5ft^3 box, or a single box with two dividers giving you three equal air spaces within the larger overall box.

No to those aswell. My favorite budget subs ( don't know about the newer models) were the cerwin vega vmaxs With the pink surround

Also I have 2 of theses amps but bridged they run 4 ohms but the subs are 2 ohms so can i wire it for 2 ohms w/o messin wit the amp or should i just run both of them in the 2 channel mode 600watt 2ohms both of them how would i wire 2 amps to each speaker? any suggestions on wiring these would be awsome

they are 2

# Model: T-1802A

# Bridgeable Amplifier

# 1800 Watts Power Handling:

# 1800 Watts x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohm (Bridged)

# 1200 Watts RMS Power Handling:

# 600 Watts RMS x 2 Channels @ 2 Ohms (Stereo)

# 300 Watts RMS x 2 Channels @ 4 Ohms (Stereo)

Thanks for the tip my buddy told me Boss was good...
What about these subs

SPL SP3-15 SPL SP3-15 (sp315) - 15" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

I like them and they require 2.0 cubic feet so what i need to know is when i put both of them into one box do i make it 4 cubic feet space inside or is it more complicated than that?

Also any good programs to lay out the box designs?
Your buddy lied to you and you should smack him for doing so. Boss is trash. maybe you should post up your max budget and let ppl here suggest subs for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.