Resonant Engineering 10" SX Box Build

Sweet'n Low
10+ year member

Harshaw
Day 1:

Non-Prefab Box

10 Inch Sub

Build

I've been looking up info for what feels like weeks now on ways to get my sub enclosed. I was recommended by Nate (Barrier) to have Ryan (RAM) draw me up a box to suit my new love. It ended up looking like this.

Single10-14ft3-at-32hz.png

Look familiar? I've been rotting these forums with enclosure related topics so I've posted it more then once to say the least. I've been doing non-stop research and trying to have all the bases cover so I don't mess this up. I wanted to pay somebody to do it for me then I realized I didn't have the time, money or patience so I crossed the street and ask a neighbor to help me out with it by a recommendation from my mom. Score one for mom. He had a shop as good, if not better, then my high school wood shop and he was more then happy to help me out.

Now with all that said, here's some pictures. I started photographing late, but I feel you get the idea.

102_0234.jpg

102_0235.jpg

102_0238.jpg

102_0239.jpg

102_0241.jpg

102_0244.jpg

102_0250.jpg

102_0251.jpg

102_0247.jpg

End of Day One

still need to:

line the joints

buy screws for the sub itself

get wiring for the subs

fabricate (perhaps)

spray pant port

Duck tape is temporary while glue dries

Got bad cuts from the guy at Lowes so to make all the heights even we cut it down to 11.25 instead of 11.5. Hopefully that dose not effect much....

Huge thanks to Ryan btw. I flooded his inbox with stupid amounts of messages before and after the design,I appreciate the help.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
1.4ft^3 tuned to 32hz. and thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif was really nervous about this but i think its coming together pretty well. again i had to make it 11.25 instead of 11.5 so it might not be 32 exactly but that's was the original idea

looks really good man. Youll have to hear mine and Ill have to hear yours in the next day or so. I have screws and stuff and actually had tons of dowel left haha. wish i did a build of my box but eh we were -28hrs of sleep at the time

Ah, so you got yours done? How did it turn out?
I think you missed the thread before mot deleted it -__- Too loud bro. I would say around 149 something on the dash lol. im waiting on the vid from my friend. It took us 11 hours or better to do it. built it all in one night. doesnt flex and sounds great

he flagged it as spam? idk I was like " RAM_Designs or whatever." I want my money back. This box is too loud, it knocked a mirror off in my bathroom and knocked a window out of it, it blows my girl's hair all over the place. I wanted something quieter and this giant box just gets loud, etc"

let me know how she sounds!!!! what amp are you using

Solid Audio F11: curtsy of Louisiana_CRX. I'll probally be be running 850rms @ 2ohm or possibly 1100 @ 1. 850rms more likely though. Ill make sure to let you know how it sounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

looks really good man. Youll have to hear mine and Ill have to hear yours in the next day or so. I have screws and stuff and actually had tons of dowel left haha. wish i did a build of my box but eh we were -28hrs of sleep at the time
haha soundss good with me. i have a enough wood left of to make a single sealed sub box haha we'll throw our spares together and make another box to sell ha + a build would be the last thing on my mind with that kinda of sleep. Ill have to let you know how the power grab goes, I'm applying it now, I'll take some photos.

Thanks for the good feedback guys! I've got work today so I wont be able to finish the Build of another day at least but I'll keep it updated as I go. Should be done by next week hopefully

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.