i think my car might have a brake problem please help

Participant count
  • Participants list

markak134

Banned
pa
this is my first car so i dont know much but im learning

heres whats been happening

im driving then all of the sudden my break pedal it starts to get all stiff then i smell this burning smell normal the break is loose then when this thing happens the break gets all stiff like a cant really press it in but the car still stops and then i smell this burning smell

but then after 5-10 mins it goes away then the breaks are back to normal

i get scared and pull over and check under the hood and stuff and the smell goes away i checked my brake fluid its high does can anyone help to know what is happening

also when that problem happens my car cant excellerate as fast ive noticed

Could be break lines/broken calipers.

Happened on my car, rear left wheel locked.

Replaced caliper and brakes, but still locked. Ended up being break lines

When it happens again immediately stop your car and check all 4 tire areas. At least one of them will probably be hotter than usual and have that smell coming from it.

yea its werid cause it happens then it goes away it will probaly come back again so ill find out

i had all the brakes replaced like a year ago not me the owner before me i have the papers the ******** that installed it must of did it wrong

Brakes aren't something to mess with, If you don't know what a stuck caliper is like, just take it to a mechanic.

How often is it happening?

In my experience car problems don't go away on their own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.