sundown sae 1200d

Participant count
  • Participant list

Master69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey, i purchased an sae1200d amplifier a while back..ive had it installed for about 3 months now and yesterday i turned on my truck and my subs sounded weird..so i turned of the amp..powered it back up and smoke just started rolling out of it..so i took the amp out and looked..nothing looked fried or bunt..just the copper coils look like they have melted plastic becuase now there is hard melted plastic all over the bottom of them

and im wondering where do i go from here?

hey, i purchased an sae1200d amplifier a while back..ive had it installed for about 3 months now and yesterday i turned on my truck and my subs sounded weird..so i turned of the amp..powered it back up and smoke just started rolling out of it..so i took the amp out and looked..nothing looked fried or bunt..just the copper coils look like they have melted plastic becuase now there is hard melted plastic all over the bottom of them and im wondering where do i go from here?
Just get in touch with Sundown and Jacob will tell you what to do from there....they've got the best customer service in the industry..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

Sounds like you have either blown outputs inside your amp or blown power supply fets or both. The coils inside your amp your refering to are the power transformers (torriod) . If if appears to be melted plastic thats probably normal they use a glue or what have you to keep the windings on the transformer tight.

If the windings become loose your amp will making a hissing noise or high pitched squeal. Ive seen alot of that on rockford fosgate bd 1500.1's ive worked on.

Its unlikely the transformers are bad in your amp. So you would probably have to replace the fets or outputs or both or could even be a transistor that went bad.

Without seeing the amp i cant tell you everything that may be bad inside of it.

If your inrested in getting it fixed and having a 90 day warranty on it send me a message and ill try to help you out.

A part can short out with no pyhsical signs of damage to it. Not telling you you have to send the amp to me you can send it anywhere you would like to have them fix it. Im just giving you some ideas on what could be wrong with it.

If the outputs are shorted most times there will be no physical damage to them at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.