w3v3 vs w6v3

maxmar04
10+ year member

hell
whats the differences between the jl audio w6v2 and w3v3? is it just loudness or wattage?

im planning on running 2 12w3v3's or 2 12w6v3 hopefully in a ported box so tell me if the w6 is worth the extra money. thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
The w6 has more power handling capability, more linear excursion, and (many will say) is an all round better woofer. It is the echelon above the w3 for this reason.

If you have the money and power, the w6 would make you happier. If you do not have sufficient power, and your budget is tighter, the w3 will suffice just fine.

I may as well ask; have you looked outside of JL Audio for your equipment? Their retail prices are bloated due to their marketing and popularity. It is very easy to find something that can make you just as happy, for cheaper.

Best of luck.

The w6 has more power handling capability' date=' more linear excursion, and (many will say) is an all round better woofer. It is the echelon above the w3 for this reason.
If you have the money and power, the w6 would make you happier. If you do not have sufficient power, and your budget is tighter, the w3 will suffice just fine.

I may as well ask; have you looked outside of JL Audio for your equipment? Their retail prices are bloated due to their marketing and popularity. It is very easy to find something that can make you just as happy, for cheaper.

Best of luck.[/quote']

thanks. will a jl xd600/1 be enough to power 2 of the 12w6's?

I'd aim to have 400-600rms on tap for each w6. You can always turn the gain down safely. Turning it up' date=' on the other hand, is not always safe.[/quote']
ok, so then would 2 of those xd600/1 work?

Your audio guy has probably never heard of Audioque, Fi, DC, Sundown, IA, or RE (...the old RE before anyone says it)
he probably has, he thinks i should go more for SQ than SPL but i think i would rather be loud. what do u mean by the old RE? the new ones are bad or something?

he probably has, he thinks i should go more for SQ than SPL but i think i would rather be loud. what do u mean by the old RE? the new ones are bad or something?
I don't know personally but people are saying RE is now taking on a commercial approach and cheaping out on their equipment. And if you are looking into SQ but you are slowly fading towards SPL, I'd look into the Fi Q and DC subs, either Level 3 or 4s. They are loud and maintain great SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.