Complete car audio system Pioneer

lilbuzjr

When i get my new car (hopefully soon), i will be upgrading the entire audio system in it. I have been a Pioneer guy all my life (vintage pioneer for home stereo, pioneer receiver for home surround) and want to continue with this. I love them.

I just want to know if I'm making a good choice.

I'm not an expert on car audio and don't know for sure if pioneer is great.

If you can help me out, please let me know if they are worth putting in my car. My budget is probably $1000 if I include subs (they might come later). What can i get for that much?

If there is a specific piece that i should pick up from a different brand just say so.

Thanks

Alright. So i will for sure be getting a pioneer head unit. Are their amps any good? That's what they are really good for in stereos... and when you say speakers, do you include subs? I shouldn't get any of that from them? Do you suggest a brand that I should get?

For the money i've never really been impressed with their amps. You can find much better quality and features for the same money. Speakers are ok in my opinion but they sound a little tinny out of the box. They seem to lack some midrange. A little eq can make them acceptable for most people. Haven't had a pioneer sub in years but the ones I had back in the day always sounded great and had more output than I expected from a low to midlevel quality sub. As far as headunits I've sworn by them for years . You can get a good mix of features without spending a ton of money but recently I've noticed one thing that bugs me about the pioneers. I have several older cds with some light to medium scratching on them that the pioneer simply cannot play on certain songs. On my amp testing rig on my repair bench I have an old jank kenwood unit that will play those cds no problem as will the entry level sony cd players that we install at work. For the most part I use an Ipod anyways but it ***** when you have a cd that isn't on your ipod yet that you wanna play and the pioneer says F**k you. For that reason alone I've been considering another brand for my next headunit purchase.

What are your goals? Just an all around upgrade over stock for under $1000? Or are you a bass head?

If the first is your cup of tea then this is easy.

Amp Pioneer GM-D9500F (gmd9500f) - 4 Channel Amplifier | Four Channel Amp - Sonic Electronix

Sub Pioneer TS-W1008D2 (tsw1008d2) - 10" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

Speakers: What ever fits you car really in this line. Pioneer USA - D-Series

Radio: Again what ever floats your boat. Pioneer USA - In-Dash Receivers

Wire speakers to channel 1 and 2 on amp in parallel for a 2 ohm load with the high pass around 100z depending on the speaker size you are running. Wire sub in series for a 4 ohm load bridged in channel 3 and 4 on low pass @ what ever your high pass is. And depending on what radio you pick you will be WELL under your $1000 price tag and have a system most people would be very happy with.

I have the pioneer D series components and am very happy with the sound. You can get those on sale now for $120 or less from most online retailers since they are last years model and are on clearance.

If you're gonna get Pioneer speakers then go with their Premier line, I have two sets of Premier 5 1/4" components and they sound great and still bangin after 4 years of ownership.

Had a pair of 12" Premier 2000SPLs and it did 148.8dB with 1200 watts on an AC mic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.