Northeast Region SICK GV For Sale

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV

SICK GV
10+ year member

IG0TUFUKER
CT
Thats right I'm selling my 1988 Yugo GV. I built this car in the off season for the purpose of being the loudest N/W car in the N.E. So far mission accomplished and Ive yet to show what this car really has. This car was pulled out of a field in Maine and Ive been working on it ever since. The car will not be sold until after finals for obvious reasons. I have a complete build log of the car with pictures of every step of the way. The car will be sold with all original interior inside. This car was tested with a street B setup and did a legal 150 before the $1000 of Stinger matting went in and before the half inch steel bracing in the rear only using under 2k clamped. This car will easily do 155 in street setup and at finals you will see what it does in N/W. The car comes with dual 12 vented box built for street class and believe me you will be impressed with it. The car has 225 amp alt with external regulator and by finals will have 16 runs of 1/0 ga wire. Im only selling this to jump start another build. I will except a non refundable deposit to hold the car for anyone whos interested. If you havent seen this car yet it is built to be loud. First run of the year it hit a 155.3 with 2 12 Memphis Mojos and 1 Memphis 4k!!!! The car is at a legal 158.3 with a bigger amp same subs. This will be on multiple forums so PM me with any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a for sale thread with no price on a vehicle that is not available ATM...................
I want a buyer ready to go for after finals...nothing wrong with that. Price depends on if I sell the car with all the gear or just the car itself. Ill only talk prices through PMs. Obviously Ill sell the car for less to someone I know or a fellow competitor in the N.E.

Bracing can be cut out.....just steel beams. When I "f"ed up one when welding I torched it out and redid.

0421002149.jpg

0413002038.jpg

0628001251.jpg

0421002258a.jpg

0514001123.jpg

$2500 For The Yugo Without Gear

Thats right I'm selling my 1988 Yugo GV. I built this car in the off season for the purpose of being the loudest N/W car in the N.E. So far mission accomplished and Ive yet to show what this car really has. This car was pulled out of a field in Maine and Ive been working on it ever since. The car will not be sold until after finals for obvious reasons. I have a complete build log of the car with pictures of every step of the way. The car will be sold with all original interior inside. This car was tested with a street B setup and did a legal 150 before the $1000 of Stinger matting went in and before the half inch steel bracing in the rear only using under 2k clamped. This car will easily do 155 in street setup and at finals you will see what it does in N/W. The car comes with dual 12 vented box built for street class and believe me you will be impressed with it. The car has 225 amp alt with external regulator and by finals will have 16 runs of 1/0 ga wire. Im only selling this to jump start another build. I will except a non refundable deposit to hold the car for anyone whos interested. If you havent seen this car yet it is built to be loud. First run of the year it hit a 155.3 with 2 12 Memphis Mojos and 1 Memphis 4k!!!! The car is at a legal 158.3 with a bigger amp same subs. This will be on multiple forums so PM me with any questions.
? for you Chris. half inch steel bracing in the rear and the pic of the doors. also i see at a show you had the side windows glued. what org is this car built for and how is it a no wall car with this stuff done.

Also you stated you did a leagle 150 in street b when did this car compet in street b in db drag. I can never recall this car being used for drag. The streetstock record was done in my car when i lent it to a old team mate the amp and subs were mikes the car box was mine. when mike had it the loudest # i seen it do was a 147 and change. I just cant figger out when it did a street b leagle # of a 150 hummmmmmmmmm. Can you please explane This thanks.

dBDRA Official Event: ST. Judes charity

I would also like to know how this car was also used at a dbdrag 3x with all this stuff done to it this car should have been Dq just like at finals. like they have to many before.

Last edited by a moderator:
TJ, it was tested with a Street B setup when I still had the car before any work at all was done to it and I used my Type R's with my amp. Then he went a different direction with the build when he got it back. I did a total of 2 burps with the second one being a 149.9...lol. The car would barely drive so I was testing in my driveway and didn't want to annoy my neighbors so I stopped there.

He did everything on the build except the boxes so I have no idea about the steel bracing or what he did there.

The first part of your question I dont understand. The doors arent braced. Mods in front of the B pillar isnt legal in any org but behind is ok in N/W or SS/Mod. The rear windows were allowed to be glued in TNESPL but I cut them open for the DB Drag 3X in NY last month. Car was cleared by both Bill and Erie. I originally built this car for USACi prostock so I wanted all the panels in place with rear seat. Soon after the build started and got initial testing USACi changed its Pro Stock class to N/W. So with USACi, DB Drag, NESPL, and TNESPL all having N/w I decided to go that rout. My testing with the Street B setup was with 1 batt with under 2k. This was not done at a show but everyone knows I never BS my numbers. If anything I low ball it to be a jerk. If someone is interested in the car with the Street B setup Ill be more then happy to set it up and do TL tests with them present. You and Mike did a great job with your scores but mine is set up diff. A little more efficient with a much larger box then you use. Mine is built completely around all rear panels and uses a slot port like in the Pandas with 4 internal braces and double 3/4 MDF for the entire box. I know you like the 2 cube boxes with monster port and you do ok with that but Ive found the car and my setup works best with larger enclosures. Thanks for the question.

I've seen him do a certified 154.7 in Drags No Wall, but not Street B. I'm sure he can do that number easily in Street B, it is a Yugo, doesn't take too much to get those loud. Being able to do a Street B score doesn't mean he's gotta actually compete in a dB Drags event, just means he's gotta have everything done within the rules for that class and use a TermLab.

I can do 148's in Street A, but I won't do it at a show. That doesn't mean I can't make that score in Street A.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.