hey everyone. need help with my system

RomoJr7
10+ year member

im just going to list what i have, and you guys can leave any comments, suggestions, tips etc u want.

i have a 04 dodge ram 1500, now for audio stuff....i have all new speakers n tweeters, a kenwood KDC-MP342U headunit, Kenwood KAC-8105D 1000w amp, 1 alpine type r 10", and a ported box.

alright, now i like what i have, but i have always wanted a system that would rattle my truck and be loud enough to make other cars around me shake a bit lol. but i know that cant happen with what i have. i have read a lot that the sub i have needs a lot of power, but it seems to not be getting enoigh still. i dont have much room in my truck, but i want to get another type r 10 so i have 2, and get a bigger box for them. do you think this will help improve the sound of my system. oh and i know i will need a new amp. but thats not a problem right now. thanks for any help

A custom designed/built box, 2 Type-R's and about 1200-1500rms would work well for you for a budget, loud setup that doesn't take up too much space.

1.5cubes ea @ 34hz seems pretty good to me. Type-R's do well in a good amount of space. If space is a big concern, could go another route such as a single 12" or a subwoofer selection that wants less space.

Feel free to PM me with questions.

my buddy has the same problem in his 1500. that little plastic tub behind the seat can be removed to build a good box for 2 12s or 2 15s of you want to get creative. we were going to do this until his pops wouldnt let him remove the tub. :S

yea im going to get another type r and bigger box. and i guess a more powerful amp also. any suggestions on good amps for 2 type r's so i get a little more bump //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

yea im going to get another type r and bigger box. and i guess a more powerful amp also. any suggestions on good amps for 2 type r's so i get a little more bump //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
AQ1200d?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.