Sign in to follow this  
Marquise

Volume up, Bass gone!!!!

Everytime i turn my reciever up my subs stop bassing....it has just now begun to do this i've had them for about 2 years now and they work perfectly. Its just when i turn it up it goes away. I have 2 12 inch dual subs in box and sony amp 1000w. :furious:

Why?:furious:

thats what i thought.... im a noob and i really dont understand all the 'technical" talk on here.....but thanks man

Make sure you sand the paint off and use a connect that is directly to the body or frame...if you want to take pics of where you're currentlly grounded to, I can tell you if it's a good ground or not.

2Btbg.gif

make sure they are wired correctly, low impedance can make the amp go into protect at higher levels and shut off. but still pay at lower levels.

REFS: Ridinhi, --Navi--, gboo559, sojiaraggs9000, usampsman, 9515Rob, GetLikeMe, sojiaraggs9000, ButtaMax, RJesus, Twank06"GTO', speedfreak28

Bought from, Sold To

^there is a lot more i haven't listed by the way

ok i just sanded the area where my ground is because the person who installed it didnt..........and when i hooked the ground back up to the amp it was a little spark. now there is nothing from my subs

Wow little sparks can be bad :(

New ride... new system...

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box

Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

Check to make sure your power wire is in good condition (not corroded or burnt) and fuse.

2006 Range Rover Sport S/C

26" Diablo Elite

2 - Sundown SAZ-2000D

Soundstream XXX-18

2 - Kinetik HC2400

Iraggi 320A Alternator

2 - Runs of 0/1

:naughty:

no fuses burned out......i grounded one end to the frame then i disconnected the end from the amp to check it and then tried to hook it back up and it sparked just a little

take everything apart from the amp but the + - an remote an turn it on if it doesnt come on then its a fuse or ground or remote problem. sometimes i jump a wire from the + to the remote just to make sure. then go an check if all the wires are connected i no it sounds dumb but they can look like they are connected but not be. an the spark could have been the caps in the amp charging or the amp blowing....

i have no clue what the hell im doing.........so un hooking all the wires and reconnecting them is a possible solution?

Well, You could have accidently touched the positive to the case of the amp which is also a ground and would more than likely blow the fuses in the amp. Check the fuses in the amp and also the one under your hood. (assuming you have one of course).....

HU: Alpine 9887

Subs: 4x SA10s

Amp:Audioque 3500.1 at .5

how do i wire them to a hire ohm

Don't listen to that kid, he's an idiot. First and foremost, whenever your working on ANY kind of electrical wiring in your car you need to disconnect the battery. Having your positive wire in the amp be live when you stuck the ground back in there is a no-no. Next, I assume you have a multimeter (if not, go spend the $5 at walmart and get one). The easiest thing to start narrowing down what's broken is to check voltages. Check the voltage at your amp, if you still have +12V on your power wire and remote turn on, but the amp isn't turning on, then you know there is something wrong with the amp. If your not getting 12V at the amp then you know there's a problem in your power wire somewhere (probably a blown fuse or bad connection somewhere)

c3bbE.gif

i think i might have blown a fuse......just gotta figure which one it is

You broke you shit homey.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no links in sigs is FUCKING BULLSHIT

bought from. chereck04, etznova, matthewo, parker G, 4ozgloves

Car 1990 Cadillac Sedan Deville

HEADUNIT Pioneer deh8600mp

Front stage pioneer 6.5 coax

Rear stage pioneer 6x9 coax

Sub Amp PA AB3000D at 2ΩRIP