Clarion HU Producing No Sound

Participant count
  • Participants list

sizzl3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
I have a Clarion CZ200 (here's a pic). Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

anyway, I have it installed in my 99 ford ranger with a 10'' punch sub and 200 watt jensen Amp. My brother, who was driving the car at the time when the sound stopped, said that he was just driving and he heard a small "pop", the sound you hear when you plug in/out an aux cord, and then there was no sound. The deck and amp still turn on, but there's no sound coming from the speakers or sub. All the wires are wired fine, and fuses are not blown, because if they were then the deck/amp wouldn't turn on.

I disconnected the illumination wire because apparently i would smell if something got fried or not, and nothing was.

i dont know what could have caused this. if i could get some advice on what might have happened and what i could do to fix this, that would be much appreciated.

Hope this will help. I had a CLarion and for whatever reason it did the same thing. Happens about once every 3-4 months. Search through all the funtions and you should see where it says system check. In my experience, thjose(well mine did) automatically shuts down and requires you to run a systems check on it. Freaked me out the first time it happened. Try that, it should work

my particular h/u was a touch screen even though it was single din. Maybe u could download the manual online and get info there. Its like when you scroll through bass,treble, xover frequencies,etc. Its somewhere in there like that. Mine unit even said "system check" and then i would scroll up or down and it would perform the check in like 10 seconds and the music would just come back on

Yeah I looked In the Manual and it didn't say anything about a system check. I just called clarion and the guy told me to take off the faceplate and hit the reset button. I did and it didn't work. If mine even has a system check, I'd still like to try that, because anything is better than nothing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.