Northeast Region NESPL's 1st indoor show, August 22 Hartford CT

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV

SPL Blazer
10+ year member

SPL Event Promoter
Radio 104.1 WMRQ and La Bomba 97.5 are proud to present our 1st annual indoor auto show! Dream Machine's Auto Show will feature hottest, baddest and most tricked out rides that New England has to offer! Hondas, Acuras, Mitsubishis, Nissans, Kawasakis and Suzukis... all the brands are all here, and all fine tuned, polished and on display to compete for the grand prize: $500.00 for best in show. In addition over 100 trophies and prizes will be awarded in a variety of car truck and bike classes.

Radio 104.1 WMRQ and La Bomba 97.5 will also feature a Sound Off SPL Contest provided by New England SPL, so make sure your stereo’s are bumpin’. Radio 104.1 WMRQ and La Bomba 97.5 Dream Machines Indoor Auto Show will take place at The Connecticut Expo Center on Sunday August 22nd!

**Important notes about the show**

All vechicles entering the show are to have 1/8 or less of a tank of fuel

Gas caps need to be either lockable or will be taped off, per the fire marshall!

Entry fee is $30.00 (includes 2 tickets to the show)

Check in is between 7am and 10am!! Registration will take place the day of the show, As this is an indoor show you MUST check in no later than 10am to make sure you actually make it inside. Indoor shows have different rules than our normal outdoor events.

I'll post more details as they become available.

Even I have to give you props on this one Steve, congrats.

I am in support.

May make an appearance even with little issues like this:

MyCaravan001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds really cool! Hope you have a big turnout, GF has some plans for me that weekend and I'm pretty sure she'll have my balls if I do this...then again, I might be able to sneak away half a day.

Should be a great turnout for both the SPL and the car show, most indoor car shows around here charge at least $75 to enter, this ones only $30.

As for the SPL, everyone will get at least two runs. If we have time left after everyone gets their two runs then we'll let people come up for more for no additional charge. How many SPL comps can you hit with free re-runs?

Unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to do this show after all. I just talked with the director at the Expo center and per the Fire Marshall, no vehicle is allowed to have their battery hooked up while inside. It's gonna be pointless for us to be there if nobody can run their vehicle or even play their system. Too bad, guess we'll just wait for their Motor Jam 2010 show.

The radio station confirmed that we won't be doing the SPL at this show after all, we will be at their Motor Jam show in September though. Even if they put us out in the parking lot it wouldn't allow any show cars to participate, and they want everyone to get a chance to compete.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.