anyone here drive a 5th generation Maxima?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I recently installed a 12" Infinity sub ported in my Max and boy does it rattle. This question is for anyone that has one, how much deadener did you have to use or whatever you did to stop this. Its killing my sq. Think about shooting some expanding foam in the part right on the bottom window line under the rear deck and then deadening the sh!t outta that.

After spending over $1K in deadener, expanding foam, closed cell foam, pads, and them more deadener, the only solution I found was sealing the box off from the trunk. Sub and port firing into the cabin only.

After spending over $1K in deadener, expanding foam, closed cell foam, pads, and them more deadener, the only solution I found was sealing the box off from the trunk. Sub and port firing into the cabin only.
d@mn! Not really what i wanted to hear,ha. How does it sound with subs/port facing the cabin sealed off from the trunk?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he meant sealed the trunk from the box... not sealing the box in the trunk

the back seat probably folds down, and and the sub behind the seat aiming forward.

I think he meant sealed the trunk from the box... not sealing the box in the trunkthe back seat probably folds down, and and the sub behind the seat aiming forward.
i know exactly what he meant, just wanted to know how it sound

i know exactly what he meant, just wanted to know how it sound
how about saying something like "oh ok" or "sorry, that's what i meant"

instead of going back and editing your post and saying you knew exactly what he meant??

Its not a big deal, but ive seen people torn apart for less here...

how about saying something like "oh ok" or "sorry, that's what i meant"instead of going back and editing your post and saying you knew exactly what he meant??

Its not a big deal, but ive seen people torn apart for less here...
when i edited my post i only added " from the trunk". And i knew exactly what he meant. Once again, i was just asking him how did it sound. And sorry? Are you serious

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.