Amp(s) for two Alpine Type R 12s

dshaver

Hey! I'm almost 16 and I'm saving up for a sound system for my first car. I think I want to get two Alpine Type R SWR-1243d (Alpine SWR-1243D 12" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1243D)) subs but I have no idea what amp (or amps) to power them with. I'm also getting two sets of Type R speakers (Alpine SPR-13S 5-1/4" Type-R Component Speakers) that I think I'm going to power with an Alpine PDX-4.100 (Alpine PDX-4.100 (pdx4100) - 4 Channel Amplifier | Four Channel Amp - Sonic Electronix), but I don't know how to wire multiple amps to one battery. Any help or advice on what amps to use or the best ways to wire amps and subs is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wiring multiple amps is easy.

- Power wire from + batt terminal to anl fuse holder

- Power wire from anl holder to distribution block

- Two runs of wire from distribution block (one for each amplifier)

- Ground both amps to the vehicle's chassis (use the same spot for both grounds)

Simple.

Justyn93 -- Good call on the amp. I checked it out and it looks perfect. Would the Alpine PDX-4.100 be the best amp for my 5 1/4" Type R's or is there another that would be a better fit?

misfit138 -- You're right, that is simple! I have a few more questions though:

1. What gauge wires should I run for a mono 1200w RMS amp and a 4-channel 400w RMS amp?
  2. What amp rating of fuses should I use?
  3. Do I need fuses between the distribution block and the amps?
  4. Can I use a distribution block for grounding my amps?

Wingman0121 -- Yeah, the older Type R's were 500w RMS but the new ones that I'm getting are 600w RMS and 1800w Peak.

Justyn93 -- Good call on the amp. I checked it out and it looks perfect. Would the Alpine PDX-4.100 be the best amp for my 5 1/4" Type R's or is there another that would be a better fit?
misfit138 -- You're right, that is simple! I have a few more questions though:

1. What gauge wires should I run for a mono 1200w RMS amp and a 4-channel 400w RMS amp?
  2. What amp rating of fuses should I use?
  3. Do I need fuses between the distribution block and the amps?
  4. Can I use a distribution block for grounding my amps?

Wingman0121 -- Yeah, the older Type R's were 500w RMS but the new ones that I'm getting are 600w RMS and 1800w Peak.
1. 0 awg to d-block, 4 to amps

2. Add the on-board fuses of the amps

3. No, some d-blocks are fused though.

4. Yes, same way you do your power.

Okay, I think I have it narrowed down to the Audioque AQ1200D, the Sundown Audio SAX-1200D and the Elemental Designs NINe.1. Out of these three, which would:

1. Hit the hardest?
  2. Sound the cleanest?
  3. Be most efficient?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.