fighting with boxes in my truck

constantproject
10+ year member

Ive had this 96 s10 extended cab for awhile with soooo many different systems in it . Nothing super impressive or worth bragging on . Now i want the braggin and impressiveness lol . Over the past 4 or 5 months ive tried alot of sub and box combo's and cannot find a comfy medium that im happy with . As of right now I have 4 12'S (NOTHING SPECIAL) , they are Audiopipe Eye Candys . For amps I have 2 Audiopipe 1500.1 D's Strapped for 3000 watts @ 2ohms . The subs are dual 4 ohm with all wired to 2 ohm .

So far ive tried subs forward with port up , then subs up and port up . both boxes 8 CBF tuned to 32 - 35 hz . the reason i say it like that is because each has been rebuilt a few times and tuned differently . Each box has had a port area of about 130-160 . Neither of these designs has made me happy at all , it lacks in one form or another .

The system i had last year was 2 type r 12's with a single audiopipe 1500.1 , it crushed the lows and lacked the higher notes but i was extremely happy with it . Someone else built the ported box . dont remember the specs , BUT this setup was the loudest to date in my truck . Wayyy louder than the 4 12's

So after all the needless info i have wasted your time with , IF ANYONE knows how to get a s10 tuned right for daily loud please point me in the direction . thanks in advance

Do 4 12 R's on 2 AP 1500's....That'd be insane!
had 2 of them last year , cannot come up with a box for the 4 12's that will work . debating on walling it off . right now i have all 4 subs facing up and port up . quick specs on box . 53w x 24 tall x 17 deep . 2.5" port across the 53" wall thats against the seats. tuned to 32hz . its loud , not metered yet and i will be getting that done this weekend . Im guessing maybe a 147 . but i went with some cheaper subs , the 12" audiopipe eye candys . supposed to be 800 rms 1600 peak . im putting 750 each to them with the 2 1500's strapped . After box rise im sitting at 2.2 ohms . I know even though they are budget subs they have the potential to be louder in my truck . im willing to swap out to different subs later .

Now the box i had in there before this one was subs forward port up . box specs were 48w 27t 15d . was roughly 1.9-2 cubes each tuned to something lol . It was doing really well with the 4 12's on just 1 of the amps which confused me . i was afraid to put both amps on it because they seemed to do a little to well on the 1 . I could be wrong though .

no matter what setup you have no one will be impressed except maybe other audiophiles. most people can't stand hearing someones bass booming for a mile before you can see them. having crystal clear and crisp audio with punchy bass is where it's at.

no matter what setup you have no one will be impressed except maybe other audiophiles. most people can't stand hearing someones bass booming for a mile before you can see them. having crystal clear and crisp audio with punchy bass is where it's at.
that would be your opinion on this , as far as box help your reply served no purpose to me . Im setting up for numerous subs not perfect sound quality and staging . thanks though

Id say swap out subs, those aps have a limit and you have prob reached it. Maybe a little upgrade in subs and power wont hurt or maybe it would

Im guessing youre in springfield ohio if you have those AP subs. If you have money Ill get you in the 140s with a single 12.
i got the money and 140's arent doing it for me anymore . im high 140's now with these cheap subs . im gettiing metered this weekend just to be sure . will post vids or pics or something lol .

Id say swap out subs, those aps have a limit and you have prob reached it. Maybe a little upgrade in subs and power wont hurt or maybe it would
i was just talking to the shop where i got them . they said i can swap them out with whatever and i pay the difference . as far as power , well that depends on the subs i end up with . i wish they carried some of the stuff ive seen on here but oh well . As far as i know they car all of maxxsonics stuff , jl , kicker , massive , cadence , and of course your lower budget brands . maybe i could recommend some of these companys and get them to pick me something up .

They prob can get other brands id look at the american bass xfls on about 4k rms or re sx on 4k. I hate to say kicker but maybe some cvx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.