Why do people hate Sony

mikemikemike
10+ year member

This is just a general question. Do people hate Sony from actual experince or does everyone just jump the bandwagon. Why do people hate them? From all I've read is that they are entry level speakers/subs, and only few people have blown them, from what I presume is misuse.

So give your input. (constructively )

There's a good reason why some people who have actually tried various SONY products dislike them. They chose the wrong pieces of gear, which is easy to do with SONY. Lots of it is just junk. But some of it is pure gold. It's a good test to see if you know WTF you're doing.

But yes, there are lots of tards out there simply spouting off regurgitated babble about how weak SONY is without actually having tried any of it.

It happens.

I liked the oldschool sony amps from before the "Xplode" days.. they did over rated and sounded clean as hell imo..

I recently had a sony deck I really liked a CDX-M730 worked great for years..

Now the Xplode subs I had a pair when they first came out some years back tried em sealed, ported, couldn't get them to sound good and never messed with them again..

it depends. the subs are definitely more durable then back in the old days (in 2002 i had one 10 and it was pretty bad, died after a few months). They can get loud (did an experiment with the entry level models, hit 141.3 at the dash sealed up in a trunk car) and can sound good.

With that said, they cannot take the pounding that many here deliver to their subs. They don't handle much power, and for the price better can be had. Plus their funny shape just isn't appealing. I don't like the terminals personally and the cone is very cheap (they should have used treated paper). Xmax is lacking.

If I were to compare them to any sub it would be kicker CVRs only the parts used in construction aren't as good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.