3 way placement

Participant count
  • Participants list

bigaudiofanatic
10+ year member

Dynamic Mobile Audio
Dover DE
So I will be getting a set of cdt 3 ways soon and want to start installing asap.

I own a 03 civic coupe that has factory locations for the 6.5 and the tweeter. The tweeter locations are about 4 degrees off from being on axis and they cross about in the middle of the car.

My questions are should I use the factory locations for the tweeters? Or should I place them somewhere else?

Also I am planning on doing something like these kick panels but without the tweeters there.

Midrange Kickpanels Fabrication *WORKLOG* - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Would this be good or should I add the tweeters there as well?

Thanks in advanced.

Here is my factory tweeter locations. You can see them on the doors. I can get better pictures if needed.

IMG_0100.jpg

get you some velcro for temp mounting, and try the tweeters in both locations and see. Tweets in the kicks in that car have been doen with success, as have tweets in the sail panels. JUst a matter of your personal taste. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Trying the tweets in different locations is a suggestion. What sounds good to me in my car may sound like ass to you and vice versa. Two identical make, model, and year of a car can be acoustically different inside. I suggested an easy temp mounting method to find what sounds best to you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.