Help me figure this out

Participant count
  • Participant list

repres01
10+ year member

BLACK MAG 09
I have a aftermarket stereo (listed in my signature), I've installed an amp (listed in my signature). The rear speakers are directly hooked up to the amp and rca inputs are ran to the back of my head unit.

I now have purchased rca's and 2 sets of speaker wire to connect the amp to my door speakers. I want to hook them up to the factory front speaker on the factory side of my head unit. I want to make sure I am hooking it up correctly

I have the dodge magnum 2005 wiring diagram as:

Left Front + Gray/Purple

Left Front - Gray/Yellow

Right Front + Dark Green/Purple

Right Front - Dark Green/Yellow

(I am supposed to splice the wires onto the factory fronts and then attach them to the amp)

I'm not sure I saw those color wires when I first looked at the harness Any Advise? I will update this thread tomorrow with pics

you probably won't find those color wires for the harness you have.

i'm assuuming it's an aftermarket harness, so the colors are different.

what you will need to do is follow the harness further back until you see the colored wires you are looking for running into the harness.

these are what need to be cut and rewired directly into your amp.

this will reduce the load on your head, giving your back speakers more power.

let me know if that doesn't make sense.

as far as the positive negative I just attach any end of the speaker wire and then test each on the amp to get them matched up correctly right?

take one aa battery and put - on one wire and touch positive to another wire until you hear a slight thump in either speaker , the two wires that made a thump are for whatever speaker thumped. now do it on those wires while looking at the speaker (if you can) and if the speaker is moving outward , that means whatever wire is on the + side of the battery is the + for your speaker and whatever wire is touching - on the battery is - for the speaker. Now if the speaker moves inward while doing that , just switch the wires around on the battery and that will tell you which wire is which.

that's one way to do it.

otherwise your diagram should specify which color is which.

or you can refer to this....

2005 Dodge Magnum Car Stereo Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Gray/Light Green

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: The radio harness does not provide a switched power source. Run a wire to the fusebox for switched power.

Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Light Green

Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Violet

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Yellow

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Violet

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Yellow

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Tan

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Gray

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Brown

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow/Gray

I can't believe it! I went to do the install and the wiring does not match the wiring diagram I found. I am tiring to attach the speaker wires to the factory end (before it goes to the PAC and the aftermarket unit). I uploaded a picture. Help Please.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=158183&l=c5f93ee268&id=100000910096800

(Picture of wiring above)

The factory wiring is:

Gray/lt green

Gray/lt green

Dark green

Dark green/yellow

Dark green/orange

Dark green/orange

White

White/orange

Gray/orange

Gray/blue

Black/green

Black/green

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe it! I went to do the install and the wiring does not match the wiring diagram I found. I am tiring to attach the speaker wires to the factory end (before it goes to the PAC and the aftermarket unit). I uploaded a picture. Help Please.

Ron Preston's Photos | Facebook

My rear speakers are already connected to the amp and only the amp. The only way they are tied into the system is through the rca input cables. Should I take off the doors and just make the connection from speakers directly to the amp? this seems like more work. I'm just interested in which way would be the a sound connection. I don't want to bastardize the way the system should be sat up.

somebody please help me! I've ripped the entire front end apart! I located the correct colors in the doors but I can't understand why the don't track back to the head unit. I can't find where they end. I can't run the speaker wire through to the doors because it's too tight of a space to get the wire into.

Suggestions are needed badly.

Kinda confused on what your problem exactly is but ill try to help. 4 channel amp is hooked up by running RCAs from head unit to amp then speaker wire to each individual speaker from the amp both are needed to carry the signal. Running new speaker wire is the best way to put in a amp to your speakers, most stock wire is small and cheap.

My rear speakers are running from my amp then rca's plug them into my head unit. I am trying to get the front speakers into the amp (they are currently not hooked up to the amp) I have the speaker wire running from the amp and I can't find where the wires:

Left Front + Gray/Purple

Left Front - Gray/Yellow

Right Front + Dark Green/Purple

Right Front - Dark Green/Yellow

another member told me that the doors speakers run into a factory amp under the steering wheel dash. I like goingdef's response because I would prefer to get the speaker wire directly to the speaker running into the amp for better quality. I am going to try and run the wire right to the source.

Anyone ever ran wire through the doors?

just run new 16ga wire it's better that way because you by-pass a bunch of cheap factory plugs that are in the factory wiring.
I think I will try this method since I will be tapping from the source with the 18 gage directly to the amp. That cabin space is tight though I hope I can run the wire through the doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.