Subtilis 12

Looks pretty decent. Definitely doesn't seem like a very loud woofer with the low fs and pretty low efficiency, but would probably make a good daily sub that can pick up the low notes well in the right box.

Spec wise kinda reminds me of TC woofers but with a slightly higher qts value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How would it perform in a box tuned low to 28 hz?
WinISD says(fwiw): 2cubes @ 28hz

SubtilisLogo-1.jpg

Very solid woofer, and it gets very loud, not sure about what you mean RyanM923. Sounds great in a ported enclosure on rated power
83.3db just isn't very efficient, but that's what you get when you have a higher mms to achieve a lower fs...it's all a trade-off. Not saying that it's bad; it certainly has it's advantages depending on the kind of response you're wanting.

WinISD says(fwiw): 2cubes @ 28hz
SubtilisLogo-1.jpg
Man, looks like that'd give a nice flat out-of-car response tuned to around 25hz or so...I like it. My old school Assassins start to die once I go below 28-30hz tuning, granted, they have a higher fs and they're 10"ers.

Every model I've done so far makes these woofers look like absolute studs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Quite easy to make flat. Also easy to get a sizable peak at tuning for those who prefer that sort of thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pimpolligist16

10+ year member
HOLA HOLA HOLA HOLA
pimpolligist16
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date