Need tips on installing flip down tv

Participant count
  • Participant list
Got a 99 tahoe and where i want to put it there is no bracing just the roof above the headliner. Can i put a thin piece of mdf above the headliner and screw it into that to hold it up or will that make my headliner sag???
use a piece of aluminum to mount it to. you should look to mount it where the dome light would normally be.

well where my dome light is theres a dip in the cieling because i have rear ac ducts on the cieling and also the rear ac controls so i was going to put it directly in front of that where its flat

ill definiely try the aluminum thing tho

0701002127.jpg

just used a piece of 1/2 plywood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif worked out perfect

jsut watch depending on how big of a board you used that will usually only last a year or two before your headliner starts to sag. Its alway a good idea to ge the board mounted first then the tv to it....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.