What should i chose?

rumblebee2
10+ year member

I'm Higher Than You
Florida
so, i have a buddy that i'm doing a system for. he already has 2x 12" type-R's already in his tahoe, but, wants to go bigger. now he wants to be somewhat cost effective, should we just go to 4x 12" type-R's total or sell the type-R's and go to something else? just figured i'd ask for some incite from you guys.

If dude has power on tap for four Type R's your question answers itself. Adding a pair will be a huge increase in cone area and powering them wouldn't be too expensive.

He'd need at least a pair of 18"s in order to exceed the cone area of four 12"s.

The most cost effective way of getting more is making more efficient boxes. It's cheap, takes a bit of understanding though. If you'd need help with box design I'd be happy to help.

i'm pushing him for 2x 18s, but, i'm thinking 4 12" type-R's will get us louder cheaper.
hard to beat Rs and 4 is a good amount of cone area. I had 4 12" in my 02 celica and it was really nice.

The most cost effective way of getting more is making more efficient boxes. It's cheap, takes a bit of understanding though. If you'd need help with box design I'd be happy to help.
your assuming his current enclosure *****. He nevered even mentioned what kind or size of enclosure. For all we know his friend could be Vance Dickason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.