why are my sub cutting out

markak134

Banned
pa
im running 6 kicker comp 12 300 watt 150 watt rms subwoofers off this amp

2010 Kenwood KAC-9105d 1CH Mono amplifier

2010 Kenwood KAC-9105d 1CH Mono amplifier - New Electronics

my ground is fine

heres what happens the bass is good but my cd player it goes up to 35 but i can only go to 25 after that the subwoofers cut out my other speakers run off a seperate amp anyway what could be the problem is it the amp or could it be my cars alternator its lound but i think i could be getting more out of 6 sub woofers i could make a video to show whats happening and some people say turn the gain down yea but if i do that it isnt loud it *****

Your amp is advertised as being 1 ohm stable and your subs are well below that. That's most likely the problem.

Six 4 ohm svc subs = .67 ohms

Six 2 ohm svc subs = .33 ohms

I'd be amazed if your gains are set correctly too.

also depends on how its all wired... he could have it all in series, i doubt it, but its a possibility, your going to need to explain how you wired your subs...

they are 4 ohm and i wired them all like all positives just go straight to the positive on the amp and all the negatives go to the negatives on the amp
The subs are wired too low. You should've been alright after box rise, but apparently there are issues. You could also have the amp set up incorrectly (bass boost and gain cranked) and it's causing overheating and/or clipping. That could make the amp go into protect.

I think you'd be alright if you eliminate 2 of the subs. The alternative is to buy an amplifier that's stable down to .5 ohms...

actually i turned the bass boost off and that let me go from 23 to 25 on the volume with out it cutting out and no its not overheating i just think it cant handle the power at the way i have it wired but i like it like that so im going to get a new amp can you send me a link to one that will power these 6 good oh and it also cut out when i had 4 wired like this

maybe i dont need a .5 ohm stable amp maybe i just need a better amp like more watts or somthing

i dont know if i can wire them different each sub is in its own chamber in the box

i thought the way i have it wired is a 2ohm load

The subs are wired too low. You should've been alright after box rise, but apparently there are issues. You could also have the amp set up incorrectly (bass boost and gain cranked) and it's causing overheating and/or clipping. That could make the amp go into protect.
I think you'd be alright if you eliminate 2 of the subs. The alternative is to buy an amplifier that's not a piece of **** Kenwood.
fixed that for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Box rise is different for all different frequencies and music is dynamic, meaning you shouldn't assume that the amp will always see a higher ohm load; however, some amps can handle slightly lower impedances and some cannot. I had a two channel Infinity that would just NOT do 2 ohm bridged.

wire your subs like so

3_4ohmDVC_267ohm.gif

just instead of three dual voice coil subs, you have six single voice coil subs. it's the same principle really

**** i have a box that holds 6 12s it barley fits in my trunk its heavy as **** and i hand screw all of them you know how much a ***** it would be to rewire them i could do it but yea i think the one guy is right kenwood amps r garbage i have a pioner 2 channel amp and it ****ing worked better but it overheated instead of cutting out for no reason at all i just want to buy a cheap amp with high watts because i just bought this kenwood thing and im not going to keep spending more money on amps and only use them for a week cause they all **** i already bought 2 amps this will be my third and the other ones just sit around

My box is harder to work on than yours, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif.

What you're looking for isn't going to be cheap...power at 0.5 or 4 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.