06-07 Impala Help

MikeyF
10+ year member

It is what it is
So, my car was totaled two weeks ago, and I finally got approved for a loan. I am really attracted to the 06-07 Impalas, and may pick one up. I was wondering if anyone on here had one, or could chime in how easy these cars are to work with car audio wise. Do the back seats fold down, can a single din radio fit in with a dash kit, how easy is it to bypass the the factory amp, along with onstar, how is the size of the trunk, etc... I searched the forums up and down, and there were not really any topics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

check crutchfield for what fits.
Thanks, this completely slipped my mind.

Trunk huge, but for a aftermarket you need like a $100+ harness to keep onstar and chimes etc..
Ehhh, I don't mind loosing the onstar feature. If that is the case, can I just bypass/keep it off and grab a cheap metra harness, or does it have to be done with the $100 harness?

car isnt that hard to work on. harness is expensive if you actually care abou tthe chimes. seems like you dont. a single din deck will fit but a flip out will not fit normally. ign system seems to give some installers a fit for remote start install and the interface is not cheep. seat does not fold down on the ones i have worked on. meaning you will have to build an amp rack or putthe amp in the box. i honestly do not like the impala much at all. terrible resale value check engine lights like to pop on and off and over not my fav.

by the way putting a deck in is not hard but the underdash driver knee cover has to come off as well as the ENTIRE middle length of the dash just to get the deck out. plus you have to run your own acc circuit for the radio.

ok bro i have an 2007 impala and i have a flip out in it as well as many other things the car was built for a system just check out my vids on youtube my name on there is mybassislouderthanu just check them out i think you will like them later

i have a 08 impala i installed the radio myself it was easy i bought a harness off ebay for 90 bucks to keep my onstar the trunk is huge and i love it so its all up to the user preference

08 is a different style then 07.

the flip out needs a spacer for the screen to open normaly. any junk ass flip out will not work in this car. you will need a 3/4 inch spacer to get it to flip right or a flip out with an adjustable slide.

hardwire it like crx said. make sure you hook up your amp turn on wire from the factory side. its a white wire.

08 is a different style then 07.
the flip out needs a spacer for the screen to open normaly. any junk ass flip out will not work in this car. you will need a 3/4 inch spacer to get it to flip right or a flip out with an adjustable slide.

hardwire it like crx said. make sure you hook up your amp turn on wire from the factory side. its a white wire.

umm.. i think your confused.

00-05 is a different style from the 06-present models. and a flip out or a double din will fit with no problem in the newer models.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.