Sign in to follow this  
Maxipads

Enclosure looks

What do you guys usually put on your enclosure so it doesn't just look like a big ass box of MDF....

I was thinking just plain ole carpet but just wanted to know what other options i have? Im tired of looking at this..

Subbies.jpg

I usually just look at MDF even though I have rolls of gray carpet in the shed. My latest creation I resined inside and out, put a light sanding on the outside, and hit it with a rattle can of flat black:

05-08-10_1720.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

Well i don't have any resin.. all i have is a grip of primer and black spray paint? Think it would come out decent?

I like vinyl. I also like a combination of carpet and stain. Not just stained birch ply either, but something a little more high end.

My next enclsoure will be wrapped in black carpet with a stained oak front baffle. I'll most likely make my own stain by boiling down a few pouches of Red man chewing tobacco and combining the results with some ammonia...

Where do you get your vinyl from?

A local fabric shop.

Katzkin carries some nice vinyl too.

my last 15 design i painted black over some grey primer but i can deal witht he wood look cause its in the trunk an no one ever see's it so lol