2002 and newer explorer owners

Participant count
  • Participant list

anj46907
10+ year member

No Longer Truckin
have you got the infamous crack yet? if so any ideas on the replacement/fix for it. i have thought about doing the 4th gen hatch. wanting to know if anyone has tried it or know anyone that has.

3rd gen

ddhye1.jpg

4th gen

24436sh.jpg

i thought about the bondo but someone said it may not react good with florida weather. gotta remember it rains like a SOB and is blistering hot down here

how did you all get it? from music or just from slamming it shut?

I use the upper portion of the back door a lot and never saw this crack before. Now I think I got to be careful just in case. Im still under warranty as well.

Why would you bondo it without doing anything else, then when it cracks the bondo it will look worse.

You need to brace it from the inside with a piece of steel welded in there, then bondo and paint it or weld it and paint it so it wont crack in that spot again. I know Florida weather is crazy but im sure people that know what they are doing can do bondo right, there is a lot of classic cars down there and i know not all of them are done right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

anj46907

10+ year member
No Longer Truckin
anj46907
Bradenton, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date