SA-8 vs. 1508???

O.G. D-Wet
10+ year member

[]D [] []v[] []D
I have no experience w/ these 8s so I'm asking if anyone HAS had experience w/ BOTH subwoofers! I'm curious which gets louder in recommended volume enclosures. I'd love to experiment with both but I dont have the money to do this right now... Can anyone help? I'd also like to hear opinions and see vids of the AmericanBass 8s

Subscribed. I wanted to start this exact thread. Even though I do have a pair of 1508's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I've only heard them in a prefab though because I've been busy with my hdc3's. I'll sell em cheap so you can do some testing. I want to go to (4)-8's and it's probably between these two, but if I go back with the DD's, I am gonna need D4's.

FYI- In the "FoxBox" they came in (1cf and 12 sq in of port each) they did a 138.7@51hz on ~ 1kw from the trunk of my Lexus. Dont' know if that helps any.

Subscribed. I wanted to start this exact thread. Even though I do have a pair of 1508's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I've only heard them in a prefab though because I've been busy with my hdc3's. I'll sell em cheap so you can do some testing. I want to go to (4)-8's and it's probably between these two, but if I go back with the DD's, I am gonna need D4's.
FYI- In the "FoxBox" they came in (1cf and 12 sq in of port each) they did a 138.7@51hz on ~ 1kw from the trunk of my Lexus. Dont' know if that helps any.
weeerd... any reason u want to go from 2 DDs in prefabs to 4 SA-8s??? I think if ur gonna get the SA-8s u might as well take 1 for the team and build a box to spec for the 1508 and put recommended power to it... then build same design box for a single SA-8 when u get them and test w/ recommended power... How much for the 2 1508s? vids?

type in sa-8 on youtube,these little things are amazing, makes me wish i went a diff route with my new build...
trust me, ive seen every vid of sa-8s, rli-8s, e8s, 1508s, 1008s, orphan 8s, ID 8s, trubass 8s, etc... i wish I could collect them all to be honest. Im sure they all have their pluses and minuses but the DD and SA look like they will get **** loud and not fall apart

bump-it.jpg

BUMP IT BISH!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

O.G. D-Wet

10+ year member
[]D [] []v[] []D
O.G. D-Wet
Maple Shade, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date