Unlimited Camaro SS vs. Shelby GT500 Top Speed Test

andy525

andyli
So today I recieved my new Popular Mechanics magazine. I know it isn't an auto mag, but occasionally they have a good article or two about cars. Well in this issue they take a 2010 Camaro SS and 2010 Shelby GT 500 to the Bonneville salt flats to top speed test them. I know many of you are saying..."but they are limited to 155mph." Well PM took the cars to Lingenfelter in Indiana and had the speed limiters removed. The Camaro went 174.4 MPH and the Shelby did 184.7 MPH. Those are some pretty impressive numbers. Just thought that was cool.

Correct, that ford cost way more than the Chevy. Try a comparably priced Chevy....like a vette.
lol even the regular vettes are more than the shelby.. you can get a shelby 500 off the lot for around 60k.. and they will smoke the regular and stay close with the z06

lol even the regular vettes are more than the shelby.. you can get a shelby 500 off the lot for around 60k.. and they will smoke the regular and stay close with the z06
zo6 leaves GT dead in the water, especially if its a curvy road. vetts are know for there turning speed

What? I don't think you know what you're talking about. A Vette starts at 49K and can be bought for less..... The sticker on the Shelby starts around 45 actually, but are usually marked up near the 60 you mention.

As to smoking a corvette, and keeping up with a Z06......you've got to be kidding me. No offense, but I probably am in the wrong place talking w/ the wrong dudes to be surprised by this kind of talk. Just google this stuff.

What? I don't think you know what you're talking about. A Vette starts at 49K and can be bought for less..... The sticker on the Shelby starts around 45 actually, but are usually marked up near the 60 you mention.
As to smoking a corvette, and keeping up with a Z06......you've got to be kidding me. No offense, but I probably am in the wrong place talking w/ the wrong dudes to be surprised by this kind of talk. Just google this stuff.
i trust you b/c you gots a vett in youre ava //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok, than the Z06 wastes the GT500, and the ZR1 isn't a comparison. I don't want to hear an excuse about the 'stang being cheaper;)

Also, C&D just ran the 11 GT vs the SS, identical 0-60 and the SS was faster in the 1/4 (both time and trap speed).

The only Mustang now that is faster is the V6, kind of like being the tallest midget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.