Fuel injected TBI to carbureted swap help?!

Participant count
  • Participants list

ThatChevyGuy
5,000+ posts

sue me, its a ford.
Georgia
Can somebody point me to some forums or something, i need some resources for what all i need.

I got a 91 chevy 1500 with a '70s lt1 that had the tbi just thrown on it so it would run

So far i have peiced together

1. Edelbrock performer intake

2. holley 650 carb

3. mechanical fuel pump (block mounted)

4. fuel cell

5. fuel line(s)

Any one know? Ive never done this

the problem with doing that is you cant just 'peice' **** together and ever expect it to run right, in fact I would never dump TBI in favor of a carb, better yet would be to put fuel injection on it, doesnt it have power or something?

youd want carbureted as built as this motor is, thats why. its got the stock computer and intake thrown on it, and its choking it

And why wouldnt it run right? I havent done the swap yet, i just got the stuffs. This isnt a daily driver btw

If you know it's "built enough to need a carb," then you would know what you would need to make this swap.

Anyways, you may need a different distributor as well. The rest of what you have listed is about all you'll need. You will have to modify the sending unit on the intank pump as well to act as nothing more than a pick-up.

And yes, the block does have the casting for a mechanical pump. GM had a HO version of their small block called the LT-1 in the early 70's. The later LT-1s (gen II) gained fame in the vette and camaro and caprice and trucks, but most people don't know of the previous moniker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ThatChevyGuy

5,000+ posts
sue me, its a ford.
ThatChevyGuy
Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date