Need Help With JBLa6000GTI!

Participant count
  • Participant list

AQHDC3
10+ year member

Ridin' 20s
Lincoln, Ne
Need some help guys. I have a JBLa6000GTI powering 4 18" AQHDC3s. It is currently wired in parellel at 1 ohm (box risees to 2.6 but doesnt really come into play here). Anyway when I went to turn it on it would make the normal beep when it turns on then all of a sudden a high pitched squeal out of the speakers for a second then it would play some music for about 3 seconds and then all of a sudden no signal but the amp would stay on. I tried a different signal from a different HU and a different remote, didnt change it. I wired it up to 4ohms bridged and it did the same thing but sounded like a higher pitched squeal. My guess is its something to do with the signal processor in the amp. But I would like to see if anyone else had any opinions of what could be wrong.

Here is a quick vid of it hooked up to a little speaker (does the same thing it does to my 18"s. Just didnt want to potentially damage my AQs) Video is kind of dark but you should get the point. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys! -Nick

Sounds like something on the input stage of the amp is faulty. Have you tryed wigglin the RCAS while connected in the amp?
I havent exactly tried wiggling them but I have tried a whole new set with a different HU. But I will give that a shot while the signal is sending that beeping noise.

Ouch... any events that could have possibly caused it?
Well I was playing it at a decently high volume and I all of a sudden caught a weird sound so I fliped my remote switch to turn it off. Then I turned it back on and thats when it all started. I didnt accidently hit anything on the HU or amp. I was just simply playing it.

edit reread - ouchy man that ***** might be input section or the rca connection at the board.... u try it with out a speaker hooke dup and see if it dose anything werid

edit reread - ouchy man that ***** might be input section or the rca connection at the board.... u try it with out a speaker hooke dup and see if it dose anything werid
I did it with out the RCAs hooked up and the -9db and -18db signal lights flashed a couple of times but no high pitched noise because that was coming from the speakers.

hmm is there any wire shards or any thing sitting on the rca input or actual in the rca jack it self..... so no noise but the amp still shows that there is some type of signal interference with out the rcas?

hmm is there any wire shards or any thing sitting on the rca input or actual in the rca jack it self..... so no noise but the amp still shows that there is some type of signal interference with out the rcas?
No shards or anything. Blew it all out and wiggled it a bit. Ya even with the RCAs out those lights flash but no weird noises at all. But i assume those lights flashing means something isnt right with the signal.

indeed sorry to say but that would lead me to assume that the amp is either having a problem processing the signal input or the actual input section of the amp might have a a short to ground or a short in general causeing that high pitch squeal then it to turn off ... but no protection or any thing of that short? maybe contact jbl see if they have any advise... other then that, that will be a though amp for some one to work on

indeed sorry to say but that would lead me to assume that the amp is either having a problem processing the signal input or the actual input section of the amp might have a a short to ground or a short in general causeing that high pitch squeal then it to turn off ... but no protection or any thing of that short? maybe contact jbl see if they have any advise... other then that, that will be a though amp for some one to work on
Ya no protection light or anything. I sent JBL and the Amp Repair Center an email just to get a couple ideas of what they think it could be and how I go about getting it fixed. So I will wait to see what they say. Thank you for all your help, I truley appreciate it! If you come up with anything else let me know.

If anyone else has any input or would know of someone/some place that would be able to work on it let me know! Thanks again guys for the help!

cool deal man fyi the amp repair center dose pretty good work there about a hr or so from me and i had my xxv maxximus repaired there got it in and out fairly resonalbe price and the workmenship seem to be good .... dont go the CIA enginering route i have another maxximus there that been there about 6 months

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.