Serpentine type pully change

Participant count
  • Participant list
i doubt it. i cant say for sure but it really all depends on the belts and how any ribs you have. my buddy runs dual alts on a 4 rib belt and does ok. what year and model?

LOL 86 chevette single rib v groove pully.

24686_1318491075280_1020847011_30734770_6412219_n.jpg

I think you misunderstood. I know how to change the pulley and understand what they look like. Im asking if I have a 300amp alt or something, is that going to be too much stress or add stress at all for the single rib. most all H/0 alts I see have the serpentine overdrive pulleys. Im sure that sounds like a stupid question but Id rather get things right the first time.

I still think you will be fine with a V belt pulley, you mostly see them with serpentine cause they are for newer cars, as long as you have plenty of pulley surface (the belt goes the whole way around) I dont think it would be a problem

I still think you will be fine with a V belt pulley, you mostly see them with serpentine cause they are for newer cars, as long as you have plenty of pulley surface (the belt goes the whole way around) I dont think it would be a problem
yeah that shouldnt be an issue, the belt sinks into the pulley fine. Im probably going to order an over drive V belt pulley for it in that case, downside is going to be finding a slightly smaller belt to fit it, I dont think the tension slide has too much play left in it.

the **** car reminds me of working on a lawn mower more than it does a car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.