Trunk Setup Opinion?

Which budget setup are you feelin?

• Total voters

O.G. D-Wet
10+ year member

[]D [] []v[] []D
I'm trying to make a buck on a simple setup for my foster brother. He has a mid-late 90s Accord (so an idea of trunk space) and he listens to that crazy death metal? stuff like Cannibal Corpse and that Russian trance/techno/electro kinda stuff. I have 2 new 10" Advents laying around and 4 broken in 15" Crystal Cse subs. Since the buyer for my 1200.1 never came around, I'm thinking about getting it repaired for the system if I use the 15, or I'll repair my old 50x2 PPI amp for the Advents.

The Advents are 50wRMS - 160wMAX

The Crystals are 350wRMS - 700wMAX I think

He's never had a system before or anything but when I cruise w/ him, I can't stand listening to his bassy drums and $hit w/ no sub... so he won't NEED anything too insane BUT I would like to get the maximum output out of either setup I choose to go with. Here's my ideas in order...

#1 15" sub walled in the trunk in a horn

#2 15" sub in a horn NOT walled in the trunk

#3 2 10" subs walled in the trunk in a horn

#4 2 10" subs in a horn NOT walled in the trunk

#5 2 10" subs in a T-line in the trunk

#6 15" sub ported in the trunk

#7 2 10" subs ported in the trunk

#s 5-7 are NOT sealed in a wall in the trunk...

Please go ahead and leave which number idea you like best. Tryin not to get too crazy as far as budget. The back seats will NOT be removed and I want the enclosure itself to be removable for trunk space if need be (if walled, probably just install the wall as a vanity piece so the box can be installed and removed with a few simple t-nuts)

Ok, so 1 vote for ported sealed off at the trunk but 2 10s or 1 15???

??? vote?
No..

the only time you should seal forward is if the space for air to come would be too small the other way.. facing it back gives it some time to develop before it gets to your head..

think about ht here too.. do you face everything out towards you..? USUALLY not.. sometimes yes. but usually its ported to the wall.. it will probably sound better as well as be louder facing back

No..
the only time you should seal forward is if the space for air to come would be too small the other way.. facing it back gives it some time to develop before it gets to your head..
Gotcha! so what's ur vote my man? or do u have a different idea that's not listed? all opinions are welcome

I don't care so I will not vote I am just letting you know.. I have had plenty of setups in my trunk car and the only reason my btl is sealed forward is there woulda been no way else to do it..

all those plus I don't know your box building skills..
lol Well it's not that i dont have the skill, its that I dont have the tools. I'm most likely going to have Fuknmovin build it for me and he seems pretty stoked to take on anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...