Baffling, BRacing questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Maxipads
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So my box is going to be 52 wide, 23 Tall, and 14.5 Deep coming out to around 7.37 cubes. Going to have 4" wide port and 90 sq. inches in of port area. I need a Double front baffle i know that but not quite sure how to go bout that? Also how do you brace it with the metal rods? and if you brace it do you still have to baffle the box? I already ordered to BL 18 and had my local lumber yard cut the wood for me. THanks hoping my first box comes out well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I got the BL Fully loaded and since no one quite sure how i can run to it fully loaded (i have a BXi 2010d) im just going to try around 1400 and work my way up untill the cones gets hot or i smell the nasties..

How do you brace? just where the sub is being mounted run threaded metal rods straight through the box and bolt them down? Lol sorry if that sounds dumb i cant seem to find anything telling me exactly how to do it

I usually do multiple pillars or cross pieces out of wood. Cutting 2" strips of wood and glueing/screwing them

DSC026441.JPG

Here's a pic of a wall of one of my old boxes and how I reinforced the inside.

I like using threaded rod, doesn't take up any space and is easy to do. Bolts on the outside and inside of box so 4 total for each rod. Tighten the bolts down real good and they sandwich the wood inbetween

best pics I have but should give you an idea

100_1399.jpg

100_1390-1.jpg

BHs that helps a ton but how did you get the bolt on the inside? and by 4 each that means theres a bolt showing on the front and back of the box?? that was the main concern was on how exactly to bolt the rods down.

Yeah there's a nut on the inside and outside of each face the rod is going through. Think about it if there's only a nut on the outside the box would still be able to flex in, the nut on the inside prevents that.

Drill the hole and put the rod in. the nuts on the inside will need to be put on next...it takes a while because you have to spin the nut to bring it to the face of the box you put the rod through

idk how to explain it but once you drill the holes and put the rod in you'll figure it out

100_1387.jpg

that one you can clearly see the one on the inside

Thats helps a ton thanks bro. if i do that i dont need double baffle?? Cause i dont really want to go through the hassle of asking the lumber co i just need a cut thats 52" and 23" tall.. Where do i put the rods exactly just where the sub is being mounted?? ALso can i just go to Lowes or Home Depot to get the rods?

I'm guessing the sub is going to be mounted on the piece that's 53" by 23". Eh I don't think you need a double baffle. Usually you should put the bracing on the biggest panels of wood and go from there. Get it playing and if it still flexes add more bracing accordingly.

You can also use wooden dowels which are cheaper

Home depot or lowes should have both

The only thing that would matter that way is if you use threaded rod on the panel the sub is mounted to. If you have the rod running up and down the box wouldn't sit level on the floor because a bolt would be sticking out the bottom of it. Get what i'm saying?

Wooden dowels would work fine that way though

Na it wouldnt i have a 01 1500 Extended cab and i took out my rear seats and of course i have that stupid ****ing hump on the floor so im just going to put some sort of wooden or metal blocks on the floor so it will sit above it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.