'01 Silverado going to 2 12"s

Joseph K
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Arkansas
Decided to go to 2 12"s under the rear seat. Did have a 10" BL ported, but I want to change it up. More cone area //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The subs:

dgguaq.jpg

MB Quart Dual 2 Ohm Reference Series. They were made by Rockford Fosgate, they're somewhat old school. Manufacture date says May 2005, but they're brand new out of the box. Gonna have them on a JBL GTO 1201.1 II, 600-700 watts or so going to each.

The amps...

f28piv.jpg

The box build...

25tuqrk.jpg

10xhc3o.jpg

dnlzc2.jpg

Where I'm at right now. I oughta finish it today. I probably won't have time to completely finish/wrap it until next weekend...

2lk361d.jpg

What it's getting covered in (just the parts of the box that show when the seat is down, though) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Suede....

73juw4.jpg

And a pic of the 10" BL that's going bye bye... so beefy.

kdqz5t.jpg

25tj3i9.jpg

95% done. Got the box all together, I just have to cut the holes, mount up the subs, and wrap it in suede. NEXT WEEKEND

Man that truck is nice as hell, if I had to get a chebby, i'd make it look like that.
Much thanks... I've done a lot to it lol. Only other thing that's different now (that you can see in that pic anyway) is I ripped off the brow and tinted the whole windshield.

too shallow.......raise the rear seat up 2 inches and now you got some volume
x2^^ those subs are going to hate that shallow box
uhhhh 1.3 cubes per sub isn't enough?? lol keep in mind that last picture is of the BACK side, which is a lot shallower than the front. It slopes up haha.

too shallow.......raise the rear seat up 2 inches and now you got some volume
bro.. he has got some volume.. bro

it's amazing how much room you have when you don't need to account for port displacement

x2^^ those subs are going to hate that shallow box

why will the subs care about how shallow the box is?

they have no feelings

if they did have feelings, i do believe they would not give a flying FUCK how shallow their box is. there's other ways to get internal space

perdy subs man!

Box is done as far as structurally goes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif Wood filler in every screw hole, box is completely smooth and rounded over. Probably going to get an upholstery shop to do the suede that way they can cover the whole thing. Plus sewed seams on the edges //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Anyway, pictures lol...

2ppbpxf.jpg

Mounting hardware:

16acmqu.jpg

29fqzjo.jpg

(didn't have all 8 bolts in the pass. side sub in this pic)

21vkf4.jpg

2rndiiu.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results. Sound quality is a lot better than the ported 10" BL.

They hit harder and are a lot louder, and I'm not even running full power to them yet, just breaking them in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.