Northeast Region parkin for parkinson's july 18th hooksett nh

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV

splbenz
10+ year member

hey were gonna be having a charity car show and spl/exhaust war. amplified impressions is supplying all the trophies so ther will not be a issue like the last show(u mass lowell supplied them) there will be tropies (real ones) for 1-3 in all class's for show and spl and exhaust! it is on sunday july 18th in hooksett nh 311 west river rd its about 4 miles off the highway its a 200+ space lot plus the spl lane this show is open to all cars /trucks and bikes. we will be cooking on the grill and all proseeds go to charity. we are still looking for vendors and sponsers any interest let me know!

raffle for a DAVE THE BOX GUY box at this show!! u know u want/need this!!

looking for idea on what you guys want to see for classes for the spl part of the show.

so far were thinking am 1 and am2 stock 1 stock 2 stock 3 super stock 1 and 2 and no wall let me know what you guys think! we have the show class's posted on our site and hope to get our classes for spl finallized by the end of april. so throw out ideas and help make this a great event all around thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about that, I think a 1X would be better. I think New England might be able to have two multi point events this season, but I'm not sure. Either way, we'd have to find a certified judge to come out from New York if there's another 3X out here. Besides, it's a charity thing, so a 1X would be better for that reason too.

looking for idea on what you guys want to see for classes for the spl part of the show.

so far were thinking am 1 and am2 stock 1 stock 2 stock 3 super stock 1 and 2 and no wall let me know what you guys think! we have the show class's posted on our site and hope to get our classes for spl finallized by the end of april. so throw out ideas and help make this a great event all around thanks
great idea's except if your going to run your own org. make up you own classes..... don't get caught coping other organizations because it can put you in a real bind. Plus, you guys need to step up your own games..... anyone on your team break 150 yet>>>//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ot.gif.1ccdea14db89b4c1e3b73336d794b1d2.gif

I don't disagree with running shows, but make them original or use existing organizations.....TNESPL is great for letting anyone run 1x events.....

Just an opinion, but if you were never big in the scene, dont underbid other organizations to host you own shows..... its really BS and makes this sport weaker!

Fellas, do what you want. I applaud you guys on your efforts and this will help our sport grow in our area. You don't need to break a certain number to put on a show just try not to schedule on the same day as another org.

The only teams from New England that have been "big on the scene" NATIONALLY are Team 420, Team Renots, Team T Rex and Team Bada Bing.

I am definitely going to try to make a few of your shows.

BTW, DB Drag will allow you to do 1x shows. They are the biggest and best organization going.

your right were not big on the scene and we are all working to get to the 150 mark(most of our cars are show and spl). As far as i know we havent under bid any one as we have not bid on any event. All events we are running besides our charity event we have been asked to run. Our rules are posted and they are simillar to the major orgs around (whos gonna build just for our events!) there are differences that make them our own. We are not tring to piss people off and i appolgize if we have. Were a non-profit org tring to do what we love and help others while doing it! for the six months we have been a group i think were doing pretty good so far. Im open to all suggestions both postive and negitive so feel free to make any and all. This is for fun and good times and good people! Were sorry if there are conflicting dates as we didnt plan the show dates execpt for the July 18th charity event (and thats when the lot was donated to us)

Db Drags are dead in New England, TNESPL is where it's at this season. AI has made their decision, they're going to be yet one more competition org running here in New England, thats their choice. They were given the option of running their shows as TNESPL events, I even offered to cover the event fee, or even turn some to NESPL events, but they have made their decision I guess and they will now be AI events.

Wow Nate where did you come from? I guess you found your way out of a jelly donut and graced us with your stupid post. First off if they were trying to improve the sport they would team up with TNESPL NESPL or USACi to make the show better and have more competition. And as much as DB Drag is cool they're aint crap for shows. One dude has a few going on in Long Island but thats it. Drag is done. Maybe thats why you'll go to those shows because theres a better chance your ride wont get smoked. Dont know what any of this has to do with the topic but I havent seen your around in a minute and just wanted to say F. U.

your right were not big on the scene and we are all working to get to the 150 mark(most of our cars are show and spl). As far as i know we havent under bid any one as we have not bid on any event. All events we are running besides our charity event we have been asked to run. Our rules are posted and they are simillar to the major orgs around (whos gonna build just for our events!) there are differences that make them our own. We are not tring to piss people off and i appolgize if we have. Were a non-profit org tring to do what we love and help others while doing it! for the six months we have been a group i think were doing pretty good so far. Im open to all suggestions both postive and negitive so feel free to make any and all. This is for fun and good times and good people! Were sorry if there are conflicting dates as we didnt plan the show dates execpt for the July 18th charity event (and thats when the lot was donated to us)
Being non profit, I salute you guys.

I must admit, well said Jon. I know you didn't get to pick the Ira dates those were set before A.I. was involved, and being night shows it shouldn't conflict too badly. However, you were inaccurate about the July 18th show's date, it was carefully and pain stakingly selected by me don't forget, it had nothing to do with "donated dates" they agreed to the date we picked. I spent days recounting/researching every single show and spl comp from 2009 in the Northeast and made sure the date wouldn't conflict with any event. I actually came up with 3 dates and informed the rest of the club at our meeting of them, but this one was best and voted the winner, remember? Not trying to be a beotch but give credit where credit is due (it was a lot of work only reason I am bringing it up). Again everything else was well said, and I am glad you adressed the "under bid thing" too, didn't think yall would do that and you def don't want others to think that it is true.

TNESPL 1x events would be awesome and draw a lot more people to the events (many in Northeast need points for their finals so I assure you of this fact) DB drags would be cool but they don't do chit for us in New England, but if you started running 1x db drag shows who knows the interest could be sparked again. However their finals are so far away I still am confident TNESPL would be the way to go hands down. We need points, if you have it they will come!

Db Drags are dead in New England, TNESPL is where it's at this season. AI has made their decision, they're going to be yet one more competition org running here in New England, thats their choice. They were given the option of running their shows as TNESPL events, I even offered to cover the event fee, or even turn some to NESPL events, but they have made their decision I guess and they will now be AI events.
this wan't posted when I made my post, I guess forget what I said about TNESPL... Wow Steve you offered to do that? Not that I am suprised, you do more for SPL in the Northeast then any single person or organization for that matter, its just it's not like your rich and for you to offer $200 to cover event fees is pretty fawkin cool of you man. You sir are the MAN and on behalf of all spl competitors in New England I thank you for your dedication and efforts, they do not go unappriciated!

Back to thread topic, guys please reconsider having these be TNESPL events. They have tons of events scheduled in New York and if any of us are going to have a chance to be a points champion we need WAY more events up here... just think about it, it will also help to legitimize your club quickly.

Not just points champion but you need 80 points for finals and you only get 10 points for first place. Thats 8 shows at over 200 miles away or 3 3X events and hope you place first. Having more 1x or 2x shows somewhat closer would be cool. Either way if this is just gonna be some random ass car club throwing shows I wont be driving out to them and neither will my team. Its cool to have a comp here and there that arent from an organization but if you got 6 plus shows lined up its just stupid not to make it a TNESPL. Sorry guys maybe you should think this over b4 competitors around here start getting more annoyed with what your doing. Not just me talking, I know about 10 competitors in this area you know that feel the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

splbenz

10+ year member
splbenz
hooksett nh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from