99 Civic EX with 18" BTL on 3000watts

Carnivorous18
10+ year member

T3h G33k
So i'm finally starting my build log for my system. This has probably been half a year in the making but only recently did I start making real plans and start buying everything. (I love grant money:laugh:) So here goes.

The ride

104_1427.jpg

104_1428.jpg

104_1429.jpg

To be perfectly honest I avoided the other side of the car cause it has a dent on the right rear id rather not show;)

104_1430.jpg

104_1431.jpg

I love these rims, I just wish they were a bit more glossier or something. Plus they dirty easily.

Anyways, on to what i've been up to the past week and a half

104_1421.jpg

Front view of what you'll see when you pull down the rear seats. It'll all be carpeted soon

104_1423.jpg

Just finished putting liquid nails on all inner edges today

104_1424.jpg

104_1425.jpg

104_1426.jpg

Top will be put on after I get carpet

And all the goodies that have come in the mail so far

104_1432.jpg

Fi BTL 18" Fully Loaded

104_1435.jpg

Sundown SAZ-3000D

104_1434.jpg

legit

104_1433.jpg

Knukonceptz amp 0 gauge kit and 13foot RCA cable

104_1436.jpg

Knukonceptz is the **** btw. They included a remote wire for free and wrote it onto the invoice N/C. Thank god I didn't go and buy that 18gauge wire from kragen after all.

Whats more to come:

XS Power D5100R with I-BAR 555 battery terminal (in the mail)

Big 3 wiring (should be ready today to ship)

DC Power 180amp alt (supposed to be ready after Easter and will pick up since I live only an hour away)

Forgot to mention, though its easy to tell from pics, sub is upfiring port is forward towards cabin.

Also to the people wondering, yes I know my rims dont match my cars color. It was between this system and painting it and I chose the system first since I wanted something I could actually use (you dont come across $2600 very often) though it will eventually be painted black. Im suddenly thinking a matte black would look nice. But until I get more funds saved the paint won't be happening very soon unless I can get it done NICELY for cheap. I wish I knew how to and had a place to paint it myself..

Also Also a second battery will come sooner than later to keep voltages up as i'm sure that thing will probably be dropping with only the d5100r up front.

Let me know what you guys think so far!!!

egh ... lotta trunk rattle.

better off with a wall.....or let me guess, you're one of those, "i cant drive without a rearview" fegs?

egh ... lotta trunk rattle.
better off with a wall.....or let me guess, you're one of those, "i cant drive without a rearview" fegs?
its not even that i cant drive without a rearview. You cant really tell in my rearview pic but my back window is practically nonseeable through. the tint that was on there went to hell and fogged up the window view. When i back up I can barely see that theres a car behind me. The more so reason im not walling is because I dont want to give up my rear seats also. And yea lots of trunk rattle shall come unfortunately but thats to be expected. Maybe i can run rubber along the trunk to reduce it but we'll see

How the ****? I had a hard time stuffing a 3.5cu box in my Maxima trunk.. What size is that box net?

just to let you know i have a 2002 accord and did 4 tens firing up and port into the cabin and lost a lot of output //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif tunred the port around and gained some...just to let you know. i hope yours works out alot better then mine

Nice amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Give me a minute and Ill find a thread of a similar install.. That might give you a couple ideas.

its not even that i cant drive without a rearview. You cant really tell in my rearview pic but my back window is practically nonseeable through. the tint that was on there went to hell and fogged up the window view. When i back up I can barely see that theres a car behind me. The more so reason im not walling is because I dont want to give up my rear seats also. And yea lots of trunk rattle shall come unfortunately but thats to be expected. Maybe i can run rubber along the trunk to reduce it but we'll see
Just to save you some time, you're going to want to buy a good $150-200 worth of sound deadening. I had the exact same car with 3 different installs and that thing rattles like a tin can. The rattles will drown out the bass fyi

Found the thread.. Here is how a guy on SMD fit a 7 cube box in his Civic for his BTL 18.. Was a pretty good idea for such a small space. If you you dont like the output with the sub firing up this might be a solution to try and see what happens..

cfefd007.jpg

78437346.jpg

740126c3.jpg

8342e6c4.jpg

905cee00.jpg

f19a64e7.jpg

091ff9a9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.