Polk subs recommended for sealed... use em in a ported setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well... being that it's meant for sealed boxes, I would "recommend" that you keep it that way. But if you're going to try a ported enclosure anyways, I would heavily suggest a lower than normal net volume to keep a good mechanical power handling headroom on the woofer because of the low excursion and soft suspension meant for sealed. Based on your tuning, don't forget to set your subsonic filter accurately and the subwoofer should atleast be "safe". Can't guarantee how it will sound though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Those polks are sq subs. And they sound great. I was very impressed with that line. If the person wants to go ported to gain some db, he is using the wrong subs for his application. Polks perform great in sealed enclosures. I have been unimpressed with them ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.