2 ohm 2 way componates

Stay clear from Kappas unless you crave extremely harsh tweets. I used to like bright highs, but Kappas give a new meaning to harshness.

JBL or Focal would be much better. Why are you set on 2 ohm?

Stay clear from Kappas unless you crave extremely harsh tweets. I used to like bright highs, but Kappas give a new meaning to harshness.
JBL or Focal would be much better. Why are you set on 2 ohm?
well of course focal would be better XD i mean sht there 600$ a set haha fo course they'll be epix.

I have heard the kappa's and thoght the same thing, I mean I really love sharp bright, I always lean on highs when i tune my system :| but yeah i had the same thought when i heard them, "man I think i could really get annoyed by those".

I've never heard the JBL's. their the same exact price, so it really makes no difference between those two, but the 2 ohm focals are way out of range for my budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

so as far as power, you think these speakers can handle this amp? i mean its rated at 150 at 2 ohms, but the peak on either the jbl's is and infiniti's are well over 200 watts. so I should be safe, just talking about a much shorter life span, like that guy with the quote above, just more heat. :| so is that something to be considered when wiring my comonates?

also, another thing i'm wondeirng is, the external cross overs, is that wiring the pieces in parallel, so would that make it 1 ohm at rating to the amp like a sub would? also, what kind of wattage can the tweeter handle, I imagine this "clipping" they speak of is some kind of jump down for the tweeters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.