Question regarding what to buy + BestBuy

darkness12

IL
hey there, I apologize if this is in the wrong spot but I was confused where to ask.

to put it simply, i want a car sound system that bumps. at first i was worried about rattling and nails unscrewing, etc, but from what i've been told this is mostly only a problem with older cars?

if it makes a difference it will be in a 07 acura TL type S, oh and for the most part all i listen to is hiphop.

i just got a job at bestbuy so in 30 days i will have the bestbuy employee discount. i know you guys must hate BB but the discount I get is awesome, i get more than half off car audio. i know they markup a lot of their car audio stuff almost 75%. a friend of mine got $1300 worth of alpine stuff for ~$500 using the same discount.

thanks guys!

to put it simply, i want a car sound system that bumps. at first i was worried about rattling and nails unscrewing, etc, but from what i've been told this is mostly only a problem with older cars?
Cars aren't held together by nails...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

**** will rattle too...thats what sound deadner is for.

Nails don't unscrew FYI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Just messin with ya.

I know Best Buy carries Kenwood stuff, that is your best bet. But with that car (a very nice Acura) you should just skip the employee discount.

Get hertz up front (HSK165's) and maybe 2 W7's in the back.

Nails don't unscrew FYI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Just messin with ya.
I know Best Buy carries Kenwood stuff, that is your best bet. But with that car (a very nice Acura) you should just skip the employee discount.

Get hertz up front (HSK165's) and maybe 2 W7's in the back.
No w7s...ick. Kenwood HU would be ok...other then that, not so much. Id stick with alpine over kenwood anyday.

Type X subs and components would be much better, but I assumed Best Buy would charge approximately $2,500 apiece for the subs and $1,000 or more for the comps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

W7's are a great woofer, and he seems to be a name brand type of guy, which is why i recommend them. If he's driving an 07 TL type S he has some money to spend.
much better can be had for the price of a w7. Yeah, hes got cash and hes working at best buy...mommy and daddy probably bought the car

W7's are a great woofer, and he seems to be a name brand type of guy, which is why i recommend them. If he's driving an 07 TL type S he has some money to spend.
He wouldn't be working at Best Buy if he has **** tons of cash. My guess, he's very young...

I probably agree with the age comment. And that usually means that best bang for the buck is important so things don't cost more money later doing improvements.

Find out price on Type-X Components, PDX Amps and Type-R subs with the discount. Build a custom box, deaden doors. Mission accomplished.

Type X subs and components would be much better, but I assumed Best Buy would charge approximately $2,500 apiece for the subs and $1,000 or more for the comps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
This.

and I think best buy has some dynamat, unfortunately I don't think they sell bulk packs.

thanks for the serious answers guys. i know im new here so i was expecting some joke posts haha

oh and please don't take the nails thing too far, im sure i misunderstood my friend, he's been working with audio for quite a bit. i guess him just suggesting against a system that you can hear reaaallyyy far away sorta discourages me, hahaha.

i will take all the current imput to heart. for the most part everyone agrees alpine is the way to go?

this was suggested on another forum:

other than the case (i believe cases r best left custom made) i like it. the deck is also a bit over the top too but i was thinking of just getting an alpine deck either way, the car already has nav :)i know it's lacking speakers but i assume i can just pickup some good apline ones.

as for the $$$ thing, yes, I am young, and the reason why I can "go all out" is because of my discount, as I stated in my first post. like i said, bestbuy marks the **** out of audio so employees get really good prices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.