rearview mirror wont stay on

well i have to keep it cause my compass module is attached to it for my messege center. as for the glue...it was a kit i bought from pepboys....i think i might go back and buy the better one.

i think it might be falling off cause of the extra weight of the compass controller.....idk

Last edited by a moderator:
Make yourself a metal bracket that attaches to the roof and comes down through the headliner, bolt the mirror to that.

My mirror spontaneously exploded one day while I was driving, two pieces flew off and one hit me in the face nearly missing my eye... lol

The problem with most people is they keep tightening the set screw. The key is to keep it loose. Let the actual mirror absorb the vibrations and don't make the glue joint at the glass take it. Sure it will have to be readjusted but it will stay A LOT longer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.